Advice regarding criminal history - visa logged

Paul198411

Hi All-

my wife and my 2  daughters are currently awaiting a case officer for a 190 visa , she is the main applicant and a registered nurse.

Unfortunately I was very silly in my younger days and had 8 offences in total. After originally taking advice at the beginning of our visa application we were told as the criminal record was not substantial and the last offence over 14 years ago to declare everything which we did, my police report shows no live trace.

The issue I have is I’ve been out on a working holiday visa and also a partner visa previously and did not declare any criminal history ( I know this was very foolish of me! ) both visas were aprox 11 and 13 years ago.

My concern is now this is going to be picked up by the case officer and lead to our visa being rejected.

If anyone has been in a similar situation or could offer any advice it would be appreciated ? 

Thanks 

5 hours ago, Paul198411 said:

Hi All-

my wife and my 2  daughters are currently awaiting a case officer for a 190 visa , she is the main applicant and a registered nurse.

Unfortunately I was very silly in my younger days and had 8 offences in total. After originally taking advice at the beginning of our visa application we were told as the criminal record was not substantial and the last offence over 14 years ago to declare everything which we did, my police report shows no live trace.

The issue I have is I’ve been out on a working holiday visa and also a partner visa previously and did not declare any criminal history ( I know this was very foolish of me! ) both visas were aprox 11 and 13 years ago.

My concern is now this is going to be picked up by the case officer and lead to our visa being rejected.

If anyone has been in a similar situation or could offer any advice it would be appreciated ? 

Thanks 

Yes, it will almost certainly be an issue if you misled them on two previous applications. You need to get some professional advice to sort this out asap, as proactively addressing the issue is, at the very least, better than it being “picked up”. 

55 minutes ago, paulhand said:

Yes, it will almost certainly be an issue if you misled them on two previous applications. You need to get some professional advice to sort this out asap, as proactively addressing the issue is, at the very least, better than it being “picked up”. 

Hi Paul -

Thanks  for your response , do you have any suggestions who would be best to contact?

we have done everything so far by ourselves and could really do with some help.

Thanks 

20 minutes ago, Paul198411 said:

Hi Paul -

Thanks  for your response , do you have any suggestions who would be best to contact?

we have done everything so far by ourselves and could really do with some help.

Thanks 

Paul above is a highly regarded migrant agent on this site, you’d do well to contact him.  

• Thanks 1

I concur with the advice in the previous posts. 

Providing false information about police matters is (usually, often, always) regarded as more serious than the police matters involved.

I have suceeded in cases where visa applicants with relatively minor, historical matters visited Australia several times, without declaring criminal convictions, having been incorrectly advised by their local police that convictions that had been 'stood down' , or had otherwise expired, did not have to be declared to Australian immigration. It was only when they applied for PR, using the services of a RMA, that they were correctly advised that for AU immigration, police matters NEVER expire. It is good practice to declare EVERYTHING, such as police cautions and so on, even if they do not show on a PCC. Immigration can kick you to death for your past and present general conduct, or your ASSOCIATIONS, or those of your family.

One client had lodged a DIY PR application and consulted me, only after receiving a - considering refusing... letter. 

It probably helped in my cases that there were Australian-citizen children involved, excellent character references, and it was a long time since the relatively minor offences occurred.

Best of luck. You are going to need it!