Australian citizenship queries

Rex

Hi - 2 questions around the citizenship application.

1. My wife and I would be applying for our citizenship towards the end of this year. Do we need to make separate citizenship applications from our respective IMMI accounts ? Or do I make one application using my IMMI account and add her name on the same application ?

2. We got married last year (in Australia) before applying for our PR and all her Australian documents (license, medicare, etc.) have her maiden name. She would now like to change her last name to mine. While submitting the citizenship application, should I just enter her details with the new last name and attach our marriage certificate ? We would like our citizenship certificate and Australian passports to display her new last name.

Thanks in advance for your help.

You each need to make a separate application but they can be done in one immi account just select new application. They can also be linked so you should go to same ceremony down the line.

Yes provide change of name info best to also get new license and Medicare issued in new name too. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hello, I have completed my interview and test, I was asked to provide penal clearance during the interview. I have uploaded the required penal clearance after getting an extension. The current status is “further assessment” any idea how long will it take  ?