Can working experience while holding 482 visa be used for another occupation in 190?

frankzzzz

Hello guys, I tried so hard but no luck finding answer to my question..

I worked in a big consulting firm and on a 482 visa (under accountant occupation). Can my working experience while I am holding 482 visa be used to apply 190 for another occupation (management consultant)? I have the skills assessment and pretty confident that the nature of my work and my employer shouldnt have no problem for both occupations.

Thank you guys!

The answer is on the Department's website:

"You can only claim points for employment if the employment was in your nominated skilled occupation or a closely related skilled occupation; and you were employed for the relevant periods set out in the table, in the 10 years before you are invited to apply. 

For any Australian employment you must have held a substantive visa or a Bridging A or Bridging B visa and complied with the conditions of that visa to be eligible for points.

Employed means engaged in an occupation for remuneration for at least 20 hours a week.

Closely-related occupations must be:

- in the same ANZSCO Unit Group or

- consistent with a career advancement pathway or

- recognised by an assessing authority that it is closely related to your nominated occupation, as part of your skills assessment."

On 05/10/2022 at 22:30, frankzzzz said:

Hello guys, I tried so hard but no luck finding answer to my question..

I worked in a big consulting firm and on a 482 visa (under accountant occupation). Can my working experience while I am holding 482 visa be used to apply 190 for another occupation (management consultant)? I have the skills assessment and pretty confident that the nature of my work and my employer shouldnt have no problem for both occupations.

Thank you guys!

As a partner in a management consulting firm (that also does accounting), I can safely say if you think there is any similarity between the work a Big 4 accountant does and that of a Big 4 management consultant, then you probably aren't qualified to do either... The difference is so vast that I'd be surprised if your employer held the same laissez-faire attitude you do...

Edited by Ausvisitor

8 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

As a partner in a management consulting firm (that also does accounting), I can safely say if you think there is any similarity between the work a Big 4 accountant does and that of a Big 4 management consultant, then you probably aren't qualified to do either... The difference is so vast that I'd be surprised if your employer held the same laissez-faire attitude you do...

Dear partner boss, thanks for judging if I am qualified to work LOL. I am saying my employer is flexible to provide either management consultant or accountant job descitption for me since my role is actually overlapping in these two areas.

On 06/10/2022 at 03:06, paulhand said:

The answer is on the Department's website:

"You can only claim points for employment if the employment was in your nominated skilled occupation or a closely related skilled occupation; and you were employed for the relevant periods set out in the table, in the 10 years before you are invited to apply. 

For any Australian employment you must have held a substantive visa or a Bridging A or Bridging B visa and complied with the conditions of that visa to be eligible for points.

Employed means engaged in an occupation for remuneration for at least 20 hours a week.

Closely-related occupations must be:

- in the same ANZSCO Unit Group or

- consistent with a career advancement pathway or

- recognised by an assessing authority that it is closely related to your nominated occupation, as part of your skills assessment."

Thanks Paul! 😕🤣should pick management consultant when I did 482 visa