190 Nominated, Teaching Qualification

d.meades

1 hour ago, d.meades said:

It's a PCE, which is like a PGCE but without the credits counting towards a Masters.

What does that actually entail? University based or school based? Significant teacher training hours? Is it a post graduate certificate?  AFAIK the PGCE doesnt necessarily have credit towards a masters.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Quoll said:

What does that actually entail? University based or school based? Significant teacher training hours? Is it a post graduate certificate?  AFAIK the PGCE doesnt necessarily have credit towards a masters.

It was both University and School based, 4 days in school and 1 in University, so I got significant teacher training hours. It is a Post Graduate certificate.

1 hour ago, d.meades said:

It was both University and School based, 4 days in school and 1 in University, so I got significant teacher training hours. It is a Post Graduate certificate.

Which country?  The reason I ask is that I am not sure 1 day in Uni is going to be enough to cut it for teaching qualifications for Australia.  The PGCE has more University content and the requirements for Australian teaching involve 4 years University training.  

44 minutes ago, Quoll said:

Which country?  The reason I ask is that I am not sure 1 day in Uni is going to be enough to cut it for teaching qualifications for Australia.  The PGCE has more University content and the requirements for Australian teaching involve 4 years University training.  

England. We did spend (I think) a month at Uni before the school year started, and we spent a total of 90 days at University.

The usual requirement is that you spend 45 days in school and the rest of the time in Uni so you'd better ask AITSL if your certificate qualifies.  I know that essentially school based training does not qualify. I've not heard of a PCE, only PGCE

11 hours ago, d.meades said:

England. We did spend (I think) a month at Uni before the school year started, and we spent a total of 90 days at University.

As Quoll says, Australia requires teachers to be 4-year university trained. A lot of British teachers find their qualifications aren't enough, and you may be in the same boat.  I suggest you check it out before you apply for a visa

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...