Do pets need to be neutered to emigrate

Rhian

Hello quick question as I know the company to go for a quote but not quite there yet to move but I’m wondering prior to us emigrating do we have to neuter our dogs? We have two male border collie half brothers who happily live together and interact with other dogs as well as female dogs. I know they have to have rabies vaccination and up to date with annual boosters but wondered if they are allowed to move with being fully intact.

Thank you!

(Picture of the boys in question ☺️)

5C49B7FA-C782-417E-873C-0600ADC4A880.jpeg

• Like 1

Don’t think there is an issue with travelling but it will depend where you are going.  Dog registration requirements differ by council area let alone state! Where I am you need them registered, chipped but not necessarily desexed. You pay more for an entire dog though. Cats must be neutered unless you are a breeder and they must be kept on your premises.

• Like 1

@rammygirl @zena76 ah okay I’ll probably ask when the time comes to getting them booked on in regards them being castrated. We don’t breed with them they both just have a lovely temperament so our vet said well leave them then as it’s not a necessity but it dawned on me that it might be to move! In regards them being microchipping moving from U.K. to Australia do they need to be rechipped? As obviously they are microchipped here in the U.K. but wondered if they need a new one for Australia! All things I don’t know! Sorry! 

• 1 month later...