Travel Bridging Visa Frequency?

serenpol

I know this will differ from case-to-case, but broadly speaking, anyone has experience on the difficulty of getting a Bridging Visa B for travel:

1) Shortly after a parent PR application?
2) Valid for long period, like 3-6 months?
3) Frequently, like every 1½-2 years?
4) For borderline "substantial reasons", like visiting old relatives or even leisure travel?

I understand the intent of Bridging Visa is that the applicant should stay onshore until decision.

But the long processing time and my parent's old age, means they're nervous about being "trapped" for years without being able to travel...

In our globalised world, it's understandable to wish to visit old relatives, or to take my parents on a holiday while they still have time and health?

Thank you.

I'd just add some caution to your thinking 

When you are asking for permission for travel on a bridging visa the reason "want to travel while we are still healthy" isn't necessarily a good one to draw immigration attention to, since you are applying for a full visa and one of the things they can deny it on is the likelihood of how care/medical bills that the commonwealth would be responsible for...

4 hours ago, serenpol said:

I know this will differ from case-to-case, but broadly speaking, anyone has experience on the difficulty of getting a Bridging Visa B for travel:

1) Shortly after a parent PR application?
2) Valid for long period, like 3-6 months?
3) Frequently, like every 1½-2 years?
4) For borderline "substantial reasons", like visiting old relatives or even leisure travel?

I understand the intent of Bridging Visa is that the applicant should stay onshore until decision.

But the long processing time and my parent's old age, means they're nervous about being "trapped" for years without being able to travel...

In our globalised world, it's understandable to wish to visit old relatives, or to take my parents on a holiday while they still have time and health?

Thank you.

Understandable concern.  I assume they are aware of all the other downsides of living in Australia on a bridging visa.

Paul is an experienced agent and if he feels they shouldn't have a problem, then it's probably fine.  

7 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Understandable concern.  I assume they are aware of all the other downsides of living in Australia on a bridging visa.

Paul is an experienced agent and if he feels they shouldn't have a problem, then it's probably fine.  

My answer only relates to applying for a BVB in the scenarios that the OP suggests, all of which are pretty standard.