190 visa with job contract requirement

Ceebs-x

Hello,

Couldn’t see a related thread… Is someone able to explain how the evidence of job contract works and the timelines in which you have to prove by? For example, someone who is offshore and doesn’t currently have employment who wants to apply for the 190. 

Every HR department I have spoken to have said you can’t apply unless you have a current valid visa, but if you are applying offshore for PR I’m not quite sure how you are going to be able to gain employment prior to a visa being granted if this is always the case.

Cheers! 

1 hour ago, Ceebs-x said:

Hello,

Couldn’t see a related thread… Is someone able to explain how the evidence of job contract works and the timelines in which you have to prove by? For example, someone who is offshore and doesn’t currently have employment who wants to apply for the 190. 

Basically, the 190 with job offer is designed for people who are already onshore, working on a temp visa, for instance someone on a WHV or a graduate visa.  The timeline for a 190 is far too long and far too uncertain for an employer to make you a job offer if you're still overseas.  

If an employer wants you, they need to offer you a 186 DE.

29 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Basically, the 190 with job offer is designed for people who are already onshore, working on a temp visa, for instance someone on a WHV or a graduate visa.  The timeline for a 190 is far too long and far too uncertain for an employer to make you a job offer if you're still overseas.  

If an employer wants you, they need to offer you a 186 DE.

With that in mind, would it work to get a WHV to find yourself a contract and then applying for 190? Or do you have to be in the country for a certain period of time as technically you’d be classed as onshore at that point?

Just now, Marisawright said:

If you're onshore on a valid visa, then you're onshore.

Just to clarify though, for example with WA I can’t see a requirement for onshore applicants to have been in Australia for a minimum of say 6 months. So I could theoretically get a WHV and apply for 190 shortly after? 

I should be in the position to apply for a 189 also. I just have to sit an exam that happens twice a year to be eligible. So if I was on a WHV and apply for 189 and my WHV expires, would I be able to apply for a bridging visa until an outcome is received? Is that how that works? 

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your help. Just trying to figure a way to sort a visa out when I’m not currently able to apply as I’m offshore. 

1 hour ago, Ceebs-x said:

Just to clarify though, for example with WA I can’t see a requirement for onshore applicants to have been in Australia for a minimum of say 6 months. So I could theoretically get a WHV and apply for 190 shortly after? 

I should be in the position to apply for a 189 also. I just have to sit an exam that happens twice a year to be eligible. So if I was on a WHV and apply for 189 and my WHV expires, would I be able to apply for a bridging visa until an outcome is received? Is that how that works? 

If you are on a WHV and you apply for a more substantive visa, you will be given a bridging visa immediately, however it won't will kick in until the WHV expires.  

16 hours ago, Ceebs-x said:

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your help. Just trying to figure a way to sort a visa out when I’m not currently able to apply as I’m offshore. 

You can't just apply for 189 or a 190 as you have to be invited to apply. 

Residency requirements for State sponsorship are specific to each State and can change regularly.