143 visa application - Passport/OCI card in place of birth certificate

pgeorge

Hi,

I am an Australian PR and am looking to apply for the Contributory Parent Visa 143 for both my parents in India. However, I do not have a birth certificate at the moment and they specify that it needs to be provided with the application. I do have my Indian passport mentioning my date of birth, place of birth and parents' names. Can I use it in lieu of the birth certificate?

Also, my sister does not have an Indian passport - she is an Australian citizen (and the Australian passport does NOT mention parents' names). Can she use her Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card in place of her birth certificate? It mentions her date of birth, place of birth and parents' names.

Please let me know if OCI card will work.

All help will be much appreciated,

PG

4 hours ago, pgeorge said:

Hi,

I am an Australian PR and am looking to apply for the Contributory Parent Visa 143 for both my parents in India. However, I do not have a birth certificate at the moment

Passports and ID cards are not acceptable. You will need to prepare a Statutory Declaration, stating your date of birth, and take it (along with as many documents as you can, like ID cards and passports) to a Justice of the Peace to have it certified.  Ask at your local  library or council to find your nearest Justice of the Peace. Their services are free in Australia.