190 EOI Processing times?

OnTheFence

Whether you are onshore or offshore has an impact I imagine. 

We submitted our EOI and it expired after 2 years without being picked up. We applied again, and were invited to apply within a few months. However this was all around the time the pandemic was raging so pretty sure it was an anomaly. Anyway, from application to PR being approved it was Jan 2022 - August 2022. 

There is a lot of media around commitments to more PR, priority for offshore applicants, so I wouldn't think anyone's past experience in different circumstances would have any bearing on current or future EOI's / Applications to be honest.

Good luck! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, OnTheFence said:

What can we realistically do expect for a 190 EOI? What factors come into account?

Some people get invited the next day, others never get an invite. There are more applicants than places. As an example Victoria received over 15,000 applications in the first week or so after its programme reopened. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, OnTheFence said:

What can we realistically do expect for a 190 EOI? What factors come into account?

It's exactly like applying for a job.   It's a competition.  All the applicants for the job (visa) have the necessary qualifications and experience.   The employer (immigration) is going to pick the best. You've got no way of knowing whether you'll be the best or not.  All you can do is wait and see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m aware this is probably a really stupid question… See if my occupation currently isn’t on an offshore list, but is on an onshore and graduate list. Can I still apply for a 190 offshore with it anyway? Would it sit there until they might possibly consider my occupation from offshore applicants or would it just be ignored/rejected? 

19 minutes ago, OnTheFence said:

@paulhand @Marisawright do you know if there’s any published statistics about what jobs/volumes of jobs and what points scores the successful visa applicants had that were granted PR?

Not yet for the current 189 round. The Department have historically posted some useful information on their website a few weeks after each round.

28 minutes ago, Ceebs-x said:

I’m aware this is probably a really stupid question… See if my occupation currently isn’t on an offshore list, but is on an onshore and graduate list. Can I still apply for a 190 offshore with it anyway? Would it sit there until they might possibly consider my occupation from offshore applicants or would it just be ignored/rejected? 

It would most likely just be ignored. States often what EOIs refreshed when they make substantive changes to their programmes to ensure everything is up to date. Apparently in the recent 189 round some people were invited whose EOIs were stale, as their skills or English assessments had expired, making the EOI effectively worthless.