Skilled occupation lists

Ceebs-x

Hello,

Couldn’t see a relevant post to ask a question on about skilled occupation lists. 

I’m interested in 190 sponsorship for Queensland. However, my occupation isn’t on the offshore list at the moment. Is there a possibility this may change as it’s just opened or is it set in stone from the start what occupations are needed? 

Thanks! 

41 minutes ago, Raul Senise said:

State occupation lists and requirements change regularly based on the individual Labour needs of each State. 

Oh right. I thought it was a minimum of a six monthly thing. I don’t want to wait six months to apply when my occupation might never be on it for that state anyway. It is an eligible occupation for onshore and graduates so I’m hoping they’ll change their mind ASAP, to let offshore apply for that also. 

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

The numbers allocated to the States for subclass 190 visa are quite low, so the chances of an invite are low to begin with.

Queensland only has 3000 subclass 190 spots for this program year. 

Do you reckon it’s more sensible to just apply to any state, do the two years there and if I want at that point move state, seen as the chances are so low anyway? 

If your plan is just to get to Australia and you don't care where then this is a good plan.

However don't apply for any state, still pick one, as applying for more the one basically signals to that state you aren't serious on committing to them so they will pass over your application and offer sponsorship to someone who has applied only to them

• Like 2