Victoria state nomination

Okay so, victoria just opened up ROI submission for visa 190 for the 2022-2023 year. I noticed that the form is pretty objective this time asking very few questions, including Salary, and the postcode of the employer.
It seems like your salary is an important aspect that will decide how soon your ROI gets selected.
Does anyone have any experience with this? My salary is $70000 per year approx. Can anyone suggest if this is a good salary in victoria and how soon will it help in getting ROI selected?

Thanks

Each anzsco code (or at least many anzsco codes) have prescribed minimum salaries for that work to be considered equivalent. So it depends on your job code and what the authorities have decided a good benchmark is.

Assuming you are over the minimum salary level for the job code you apply with, I don't think it will matter if you are just over or way over as it will depend on industry and pay conditions in your home country.

Worth noting that some states only leave open applications for a very small window of time so don't hang about, get the application in as soon as you can

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Coderdecoder said:

Okay so, victoria just opened up ROI submission for visa 190 for the 2022-2023 year. I noticed that the form is pretty objective this time asking very few questions, including Salary, and the postcode of the employer.
It seems like your salary is an important aspect that will decide how soon your ROI gets selected.
Does anyone have any experience with this? My salary is $70000 per year approx. Can anyone suggest if this is a good salary in victoria and how soon will it help in getting ROI selected?

Thanks

It depends on what you mean by Victoria...

A quick google shows the average salary in Victoria is $86,000. However the average in the capital, Melbourne, is $119,000.

Of course average is a blunt measure as it only takes a few really high or low values to really skew an average.

The absolute  minimum wage for a full time worker in Victoria is $44k so these figures should help you decide where you salary lies