DrDougster

Cancelling services from Aus

Posted (edited)

Anyone got any advice on how to cancel UK services from these bar stewards without obeying the "we advise you to use our helpline". "HELP" line?

Virgin media want a letter ffs. Is this the 1980s?

Edited by DrDougster
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DrDougster said:

Anyone got any advice on how to cancel UK services from these bar stewards without obeying the "we advise you to use our helpline". "HELP" line?

Virgin media want a letter ffs. Is this the 1980s?

I can assure you it’s the 1980’s!!! It has taken us so far over 5 months to sell a property in Uk , no mortgage, no chain, just incompetent solicitors who if and when they deign to eventually reply to us, they have drip fed documents to us and  insist  on posted ink signed documents, won’t accept scanned copy’s. They have been drip feeding the documents to us for months. They have been taking 3 weeks to arrive back in UK, yes we could send registered, but that has taken over 2 weeks at extra cost least so not worth it. It’s pathetic 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ramot said:

I can assure you it’s the 1980’s!!! It has taken us so far over 5 months to sell a property in Uk , no mortgage, no chain, just incompetent solicitors who if and when they deign to eventually reply to us, they have drip fed documents to us and  insist  on posted ink signed documents, won’t accept scanned copy’s. They have been drip feeding the documents to us for months. They have been taking 3 weeks to arrive back in UK, yes we could send registered, but that has taken over 2 weeks at extra cost least so not worth it. It’s pathetic 

Wonderful! Our memorandum of sale just came through.

• Like 1

On 26/07/2022 at 18:58, ramot said:

Thank for this.  I sell UK house now, probably wont be finish before leave.  I have been in and done all personal ID with legal now and got agree to electronic signature, plus email.  I think no more to do.

The 80s? Some legal practices haven’t changed for hundreds of years. Even with my Sister in law in the UK  sale of my deceased father in laws house and settling of estate has taken forever. Between the lawyers, agents and land registry………

There are better ways they can do it as Jadgit says but not all solicitors will agree to it. 

So many wineries ......so little time :yes: