489 - move job after working 12 months in a regional area

Hello all,

I was granted my 489 visa in June 2021 and I'm based in SA (having lived here since 2019). My employer has offered to relocate me to a better position but the job is in not in a regional area. The 489 visa advises you need to live for two years and work for one year in a regional area. If i moved to a regional area in QLD and lived there, could I then work in non regional area (having already completed my one year working regionally) I have reached out to an agent for further clarification but just wondered if anyone had a similar experience. Thanks

The 489 visa advises you need to live for two years and work for one year in a regional area.

This is makes you elebible t to apply for the 887 visa. This is not a requirement for the 489.

Whilst you are on a 489 you can only live and work in a regional area. You cannot live or work in an area that isn't on the postcode list whilst you hold a 489. However, if have applied for your 887 and your bridging visa is active you can live and work anywhere. The same applies for a granted 887.

I have attached an extract from my grant letter - "Must Say In Specified Area". You should check yours and VEVO.

Screen Shot 2022-07-02 at 10.52.00.png

Edited by JetBlast