Mum. -Toddler and Scaffolder

Hudsonsmumxx

Hey everyone! I’m really hoping somebody can give me some advice please ?

Me & my little family have always wanted to move to Perth, we both have family there and it’s a dream to leave London behind. 

I have 6 years Recruitment experience but not worked in 5 years due to traveling Asia and having a 3 year old to look after. My partner is a Scaffolder of 10 years  but that’s not on the skills list unfortunately :( my partners Dad has lived there for 10 years but I think even on the family Visa you still have to have a skill ? Is that right ?

With regards to the partner visa, would marriage and having a child be enough proof for them ?

He was about to pay so much money to do a plumbing course just to get us a foot in the door but you have to have 4 years experience in that trade  I read. 

i feel so lost and just want the best upbringing for my boy. London scares me so much now and I would do anything to live like an Australian. Just want to see some happy faces!! 

Thank you x 

Not looking like you have too many options really - if your husband thinks he will enjoy being a plumber he should go for it anyway - meanwhile, move out of London!  There are a load of other happy choices within the UK, you're spoiled for choice really.

From what you’ve said sadly it sounds like you won’t qualify for a visa.  As Marisa says, you could make a new start anywhere in the UK.  There are so many places that would give your little one a great upbringing without living scared and with plenty of smiling faces about.  I wish you luck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hudsonsmumxx said:

With regards to the partner visa, would marriage and having a child be enough proof for them ?

He was about to pay so much money to do a plumbing course just to get us a foot in the door but you have to have 4 years experience in that trade  I read. 

If you are able to apply for a skilled visa, you just include your partner and child on your visa application. No need for a separate partner visa.

Every skiiled visa is the same. You need the right qualifications, and then you need years of experience after you get the qualification.  Even then, you're not guaranteed a visa, because it's exactly like applying for a job:  thousands of people apply, but they cherry-pick the best ones and everyone else fails.  And the whole process, from applying to finding out whether you got the visa, takes more than a year.

So if you're determined to get to Australia, it's a long-term plan over several years:  take a course + get work experience + processing time.  And there's another risk: you may get the qualification and work experience and then find you're not even eligible, because they've taken that occupation off the list.  The lists change every year and it's almost impossible to choose something that's definitely going to be "safe" years down the track. So it's possible it will all be a waste of time.

Bottom line, you have to consider which will work best for your family - putting up with your current life for several years while you gamble on achieving your Australian dream, or make some changes now - move out of London to a place where you feel happier and safer. Once settled, there's nothing to stop you reviving your idea and perhaps doing some retraining.