Two months left on passport...

DrDougster

My wife flew back to UK last week in an emergency and was planning to go to the passport office at Victoria to renew her passport next week before flying back on Sat.

Turns out this isn't possible - no appointments.

Her passport expires 28th April. We have flights to UK booked on 1st April. Will these flights satisfy immigration that she has sufficient time on her passport for the duration of her stay? 

Theoretically should be ok but anyone any further insight. or tried this?

Alternative is to push her return flight back and leave me looking after our four year old for another week!

We're PR on a 190.

11 minutes ago, DrDougster said:

My wife flew back to UK last week in an emergency and was planning to go to the passport office at Victoria to renew her passport next week before flying back on Sat.

Turns out this isn't possible - no appointments.

Her passport expires 28th April. We have flights to UK booked on 1st April. Will these flights satisfy immigration that she has sufficient time on her passport for the duration of her stay? 

Theoretically should be ok but anyone any further insight. or tried this?

Alternative is to push her return flight back and leave me looking after our four year old for another week!

We're PR on a 190.

Neither the UK nor Australia has a minimum passport validity requirement. 

As a UK passport holder, I would have thought in your wife's case the more relevant question would be minimum passport validity for Australia. The minimum passport validity rules are generally of no application where you are entering the country of your citizenship. 

29 minutes ago, DIG85 said:

Neither the UK nor Australia has a minimum passport validity requirement. 

As a UK passport holder, I would have thought in your wife's case the more relevant question would be minimum passport validity for Australia. The minimum passport validity rules are generally of no application where you are entering the country of your citizenship. 

Yup, I meant Australian immigration / border control to get back to Aus next weekend. 

Edited by DrDougster