Easiest English Test

Emily91

Hi All, 

I recently posted about preparing my application for the 190 visa and explained I was planning on sitting the ielts test.  Someone kindly advised they wouldn't go with ielts because of its strict marking system. The Pearson (PTE) has been recommended to me as an easier exam board. For some background, I am a Canadian-trained history teacher, with two degrees and not scoring superior on the ielts exam board after a decent amount of studying. It's pretty demoralizing.  I would greatly appreciate it if anyone would weigh in on their exam experiences so I can give myself a good shot at getting superior English. 

Thanks in advance! 

Hi again 👋 

I commented on your other post, but just thought I’d share a link to a really informative thread that I read on here when I was deciding which test to sit: 

There’s loads of different people discussing their experiences, plus useful resources dotted throughout. It’s a big one though, I chipped away at it a little bit each night to make sure I didn’t miss any amazing tips 😂😂

On 27/12/2021 at 13:06, Emily91 said:

Hi All, 

I recently posted about preparing my application for the 190 visa and explained I was planning on sitting the ielts test.  Someone kindly advised they wouldn't go with ielts because of its strict marking system. The Pearson (PTE) has been recommended to me as an easier exam board. For some background, I am a Canadian-trained history teacher, with two degrees and not scoring superior on the ielts exam board after a decent amount of studying. It's pretty demoralizing.  I would greatly appreciate it if anyone would weigh in on their exam experiences so I can give myself a good shot at getting superior English. 

Thanks in advance! 

I used PTE but I needed some online tutoring to help use a particular style of writing so the computer scores high on the written sections. I used this company, it was cheap and didn't take too much time. My score increased massively after just a few hours.

https://www.e2language.com/

33 minutes ago, JetBlast said:

I used PTE but I needed some online tutoring to help use a particular style of writing so the computer scores high on the written sections. I used this company, it was cheap and didn't take too much time. My score increased massively after just a few hours.

https://www.e2language.com/

Thanks for your response. Are you a teacher and PTE was okay for your 190 visa? I just fine-tooth combing everything as I don't want to miss-step. Thanks in advance! 

On 27/12/2021 at 15:21, Cobs_Ahoy said:

Hi again 👋 

I commented on your other post, but just thought I’d share a link to a really informative thread that I read on here when I was deciding which test to sit: 

There’s loads of different people discussing their experiences, plus useful resources dotted throughout. It’s a big one though, I chipped away at it a little bit each night to make sure I didn’t miss any amazing tips 😂😂

Thanks so much for sharing this with me! 

9 hours ago, Emily91 said:

Thanks for your response. Are you a teacher and PTE was okay for your 190 visa? I just fine-tooth combing everything as I don't want to miss-step. Thanks in advance! 

Im not a teacher, but that really doesn't have anything to do with it. The PTE was fine for my visa, got me the "superior" points I needed and I am now in Australia.

This link might be useful - https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/superior-english

Edited by JetBlast

I recently did the PTE. Decided on that one as I’d heard it was easier/better then IELTS. Studied using jay at e2 language (both on YouTube and their month free trial on their website) and passed with superior marks first time. It’s def very much about knowing how to structure the answers.