Booked reccie - need advice

T-bone

Hi all,

Booked the flights today for the reccie (yippeee). Flying to Hong Kong for a few days on 04 October, then onto Brisbane to check out the 'burbs and then onto the sunshine coast. We then fly to Perth, and going to check out the area south of Perth as far as Bunbury.

All in all, I intend to be there for four weeks on a reccie, so providing I don't just kick back with a cold one and soak up the rays, I'm hoping to come back with a clearer understanding of where I want to live. If, however, I don't get on with either of the above, I'll make a dash down to Adelaide......but that's only a possibility!

Can you help?? I need recommendations for car hire and accommodation in Aus (particularly the first couple of nights on arrival in Brisbane and Bunbury).

I have been to Brisbane and surrounding areas a few years ago, but too much alcohol has clouded my memory. I have a friend in Noosa so I'm hoping to tap her up with some local information.

Any advice will be welcome (including places to visit/restaurants, etc.) so it would be great if you can throw it my way.

Many thanks!

T

Wow T thats great news, how exciting booking your reccie.

Well we just booked The Chermside Apartments in Chermside, as on the read up it is in Brisbane and only a walk to shops and restaurants etc.. as dont want to be driving in the evenings, fancy a nice walk so that we can have a few jars !!

Good luck with the reccie and enjoy xx

hi try headstarthomestay they are on PIO and they are in the northern burbs beautiful area and great accomodation, also right next to highway for the sunshine coast you can drive to noosa in roughly just over an hour. we are just back and hired a car with east coast car rentals who are 10min from brissy airport and they will come and collect you from the airport we had a toyota camry for 3 weeks and everything was great the guys at the rental place are excellent. no one else could beat their price, there had been a few bad reports on them but we can only praise them, goodluck if you need any advice or info im happy to try and help:cute:

if you like japanese food you have to go to sono restaraunt on queen street its superb! in the northern suburbs the kallangur tavern do good steaks and theres a good restaraunt with everything called the belvedere at woody point (near redcliffe). you should go to south bank just to experience a beach in the middle of the city and a ferry ride on the city cat is worth it both day and night, theres some fantastic noodle shack places dotted all round the cbd which are lovely aswell. the shopping at chermside is ridiculously huge!

Thanks for your recommendation Kim, I'll look up the apartments', especially if they're close to bars. In the mentime I've sent you a PM. Hope you're feeling better. x

Kellyjamie - wow! Loads of advice, thanks for all the info. I'll definitely take up your recommendations....especially the noodle bars and japanese food. Thanks for your help.

If anyone has any recommendations, I'm open to all suggestions, especially on the Perth side of the trip!

Tony

Tony, If you do not get any answers on the Perth part then send a PM to Ali (the moderator) as Ali lives in Perth and may be able to answer some of your questions , shes real nice too.

Good Luck

Tony, If you do not get any answers on the Perth part then send a PM to Ali (the moderator) as Ali lives in Perth and may be able to answer some of your questions , shes real nice too.

Good Luck

Thanks hun. I'll send her a pm. x

We stayed at the Lighthouse Resort in Bunbury, which was very nice and reasonably priced - has a nice restaurant, though the drinks were a bit more than you'd pay in an average pub.

Archived