Outgoings for single people

CatMoose

Hi all

I'm probably about to start a  bit of a debate but .....

I'm working out the logistics for a move back to Australia next year (Covid dependant). I lived in Adelaide for 7 years before returning to the UK in 2017.  I didn't keep any old bank statements so I don't recall ball park figures for utility bill costs etc. I know that Victoria isn't South Australia obviously and MUCH will be relative, but some costs are absolute like MYKI etc

If there are any single folks out there, are you okay to advise me of to monthly costs? I already know my rent target.

Thanks in advance

34 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

To be honest, I wouldn't worry too much.  One of the huge problems about comparing costs is that some things are much  more expensive and some things are much cheaper, and then you've got a difference in salary too.   On the whole, if you work on the basis that it all evens out, you'll be fine.

I'm interested in what single people are paying for utility bills, transport and so on.... helps with then working out rent and commuting options 🙂