Looking for recommendations before making another attempt

My subclass 457 visa was rejected in 2017 due to genuine position ground. I also overstayed for some time so I was served with entry ban for a long time before leaving Australia. I am cleared of the entry ban by March of this year.

I am thinking about whether I should apply for the new subclass 491 or should I attempt to immigrate to different countries.

I do not want to spend money and time if it is likely I will get rejected again.

I am looking for genuine advice. I understand that how immigration handles each application can vary based on many factors but I am looking for a hunch before I make a decision.

The replacement for the 457 is not the 491, it is the 482. 

There isn't much point in applying for a 491 right now, unless you are in a priority occupation, because everything is at a standstill due to Covid. 

I think you would be wise to book a consultation with a good agent to assess your chances.  That will cost money but will be cheaper than throwing money away on a visa if you don't have a good chance of success.

1 hour ago, fingercrossed0001 said:

Thank you for your recommendation Marisa. Even for 482, is that a good idea to apply considering my situation? I am frustrated with the agents. It seems to be they won't give me an honest opinion. 

I think you'd have less chance going for a temporary visa like the 482 because they'd be worried about you overstaying again.

Try Suncoast Migration or Go Matilda.  They will give you an honest answer.  It may  not be the one you want to hear.