Evisitor (651) and exemption processing times

bicek

John

Thank you.

It certainly does seem to be very random!  We applied for the visa last Thursday (Aus time) then exemption the next day the following day so we had a TRN number to quote.  REALLY, really hoping we hear soon, my nerves won't take waiting for too long!!

Paula

We applied for the exemption straight after the visa application using the TRN but after 2 weeks still nothing. My son's visa was approved immediately without any exemption. So random. 

We were meant to fly out this Saturday but have had to push all plans and flights back 2 weeks. Let's hope that's enough time!

12 minutes ago, LucasC said:

We applied for the exemption straight after the visa application using the TRN but after 2 weeks still nothing. My son's visa was approved immediately without any exemption. So random. 

We were meant to fly out this Saturday but have had to push all plans and flights back 2 weeks. Let's hope that's enough time!

We're still waiting for my husband's visa.  That's 5 weeks now.  My daughter in law has now written to her MP and his office said they would contact Home Affairs.   No idea whether this will make any difference or not.  Can certainly relate to all the stress and anxiety!

15 hours ago, barbaragilloran said:

We're still waiting for my husband's visa.  That's 5 weeks now.  My daughter in law has now written to her MP and his office said they would contact Home Affairs.   No idea whether this will make any difference or not.  Can certainly relate to all the stress and anxiety!

5 weeks! That's so disappointing. Ours is 3 weeks and counting. I wonder what the longest is anyone has waited here? I think I'll get my family to try the MP thing. Can't hurt, we've tried everything else.

I spoke to a friend last night and she got her visa in minutes!! I told her to do visa first and so on,  but what she did was clever, she put her last visa number from 2years ago in a field somewhere, and I am thinking perhaps the filtering process in Oz end, says to intself well this is straightforward and ping, it was returned granted within as I say minutes. She is now waiting for her Exemption.So there you have it, visa granted without her exemption. She hopes of course that this comes in the next few days.

12 hours ago, Culterguy said:

I spoke to a friend last night and she got her visa in minutes!! I told her to do visa first and so on,  but what she did was clever, she put her last visa number from 2years ago in a field somewhere, and I am thinking perhaps the filtering process in Oz end, says to intself well this is straightforward and ping, it was returned granted within as I say minutes. She is now waiting for her Exemption.So there you have it, visa granted without her exemption. She hopes of course that this comes in the next few days.

We just got my husband"s visa through - the relief is immense!  That was 5 and a half weeks.  Can now start to look forward to seeing the family in a few weeks.  Will never know whether contacting the MP made any difference or not.  Good luck to everyone.

I think we have been very fortunate, after 9 days we received our exemption last night and tonight our visas came through, the relief is immense as we can now go and see our children and meet two new granddaughters.  Good luck to all of you still waiting to hear and thank you all for your input, information and ideas. 

14 minutes ago, PaulaMJ said:

I think we have been very fortunate, after 9 days we received our exemption last night and tonight our visas came through, the relief is immense as we can now go and see our children and meet two new granddaughters.  Good luck to all of you still waiting to hear and thank you all for your input, information and ideas. 

Hurrah!  Enjoy!  

Hi everyone! I’ve been following this thread as I have applied for my mums 651 from UK as she is due to fly on to QLD on Friday. 

we are now on day 15 of the visa and it’s still not been approved! She has had two in the past which came through within 24 hours so I’m really devastated that it may not come in time.

especially as I am due to have a baby this week.

My question is, has anyone waited this long but then cancelled and reapplied and it came through straight away? Or do you think it’s best to wait, as maybe it’s delayed for a reason and if I resubmit we may have to wait another 46 days??

Sooo stressful! I’ve also emailed the email address 4 times and tried to call twice but they won’t even take my ref number to look at it.

thanks!

ella

On 19/01/2022 at 09:49, LucasC said:

Hi all, I've been following this forum for advice on my own situation so thanks to everyone for sharing. I thought I would share my own situation with you.

I am an Australian citizen trying to return home from the UK for a visit with my Greek wife and infant son who is British. I applied for both evisitor visas on 9th Jan and my son's was immediately approved. I applied for exemption on the 10th Jan using the TRN from both visa applications and received approval of exemption for both on the 11th Jan.

We are still waiting for my wife's evisitor to be approved. I have since tried sending an email to the evisitor heldesk email address that someone kindly provided but after 48 hours the application hasn't moved.

I had no idea that the evisitor visa would take so long and given that it's been 8 days following a successful exemption I can only assume that we've slipped through the net into the 7 month processing pile 😞

Hi all,

This morning my wife got an email asking for a picture of her passport. I'm hoping that after adding it to the application that is is processed. We've changed our flights to 13th Feb. Has anyone else been asked to provide more information? And if so, did it take long to respond to what you gave them?

Looks like things are moving. Application for e651 today, received by Aus immi at 1252hrs,  granted 1255 🤗.

Not applied for travel exemption yet as looking to get over to family in Queensland in April and finally get to meet and hug my new 9 month old granddaughter 🤓

On 01/02/2022 at 15:33, EmilysDad said:

Looks like things are moving. Application for e651 today, received by Aus immi at 1252hrs,  granted 1255 🤗.

Not applied for travel exemption yet as looking to get over to family in Queensland in April and finally get to meet and hug my new 9 month old granddaughter 🤓

Enjoy your hugs.

On 02/02/2022 at 02:03, EmilysDad said:

There was talk of boarders being open by Easter, so maybe no need of an exemption 

On 01/02/2022 at 15:33, EmilysDad said:

I am so frustrated and confused as to the process and reasons for delays. They say they are prioritising those with exemptions but this is clearly load of rubbish as I have my exemption and I am still waiting on my eVisa which I applied for on 20 January so ahead of this person who doesn't even have an exemption. I did it in the right order; eVisa first so I could include my TRN on the exemption and also included my Visa Grant Number from a previous visa this apparently helps. Exemption came through a few days after I applied and have gone in and updated the eVisa with a copy of the exemption but still nothing.

Obviously it is great that you have the eVisa but how can they say they are following a process when they clearly aren't. I have never had an issue getting an eVisa before and my daughters ones were granted in minutes. We fly in 2 weeks but I might have to cancel if we don't get anything soon.

Have emailed the address someone earlier recommended but not holding out much hope to hear anything back which is also frustrating as when you know people are getting theirs granted quicker and without an exemption in place it makes you wonder if there is an issue but as no one has requested anything and no one will talk to you, we are left in limbo.

Sooooo annoyed and stressed

3 minutes ago, LisaC said:

I am so frustrated and confused as to the process and reasons for delays. They say they are prioritising those with exemptions but this is clearly load of rubbish as I have my exemption and I am still waiting on my eVisa which I applied for on 20 January so ahead of this person who doesn't even have an exemption. I did it in the right order; eVisa first so I could include my TRN on the exemption and also included my Visa Grant Number from a previous visa this apparently helps. Exemption came through a few days after I applied and have gone in and updated the eVisa with a copy of the exemption but still nothing.

Obviously it is great that you have the eVisa but how can they say they are following a process when they clearly aren't. I have never had an issue getting an eVisa before and my daughters ones were granted in minutes. We fly in 2 weeks but I might have to cancel if we don't get anything soon.

Have emailed the address someone earlier recommended but not holding out much hope to hear anything back which is also frustrating as when you know people are getting theirs granted quicker and without an exemption in place it makes you wonder if there is an issue but as no one has requested anything and no one will talk to you, we are left in limbo.

If you're a Twitter user it might be worth bombarding George Brandis here - https://twitter.com/AusHCUK?t=q27MpUuuEM6hTarBmvEEmA&s=09.

He's replied to me once or twice. Could be worth trying. 

32 minutes ago, LisaC said:

I feel for you. We've been waiting since 9th Jan. We got a request for more information on Monday 31st for a photo of my wife's passport. Random request but I immediately obliged. Nothing has come back. 

36 minutes ago, bowbow said:

If you're a Twitter user it might be worth bombarding George Brandis here - https://twitter.com/AusHCUK?t=q27MpUuuEM6hTarBmvEEmA&s=09.

He's replied to me once or twice. Could be worth trying. 

It's so stressful.  We just got my husbands visa on Sunday night after a 5 and a half week wait.   Our daughter in law contacted her MP in Melbourne  about the delay and his office subsequently contacted immigration.  This may have moved things along.  Worth a try?

2 hours ago, LisaC said:

That sounds really tough, hope you get good news soon..  

My understanding from what people have shared on PIO was visa first, then put visa number in application for exemption, I don’t know if that is a key difference? 

5 hours ago, Lavers said:

There was talk of boarders being open by Easter, so maybe no need of an exemption 

Exemptions aren't the issue, those are being issued fairly quickly and I haven't read of anyone having to wait more than 7 days for one.

The eVisa is the issue and the randomness of how and when they are issuing them considering what they are telling people.

I know there are processes that they need to go through but clearly they aren't actually sticking to them which is confusing and worrying.

2 hours ago, LucasC said:

I feel for you. We've been waiting since 9th Jan. We got a request for more information on Monday 31st for a photo of my wife's passport. Random request but I immediately obliged. Nothing has come back. 

That is so strange and I feel for you having to have waited that long. Hope you haven't had to delay or cancel anything.

Thank god BA are allowing changes and issuing vouchers on flights right now or we would be looking at £££ down the drain.