482 Occupational Therapist

Has anyone relocated on a 482 visa for healthcare type jobs? I’m an OT coming from the UK to the Sunshine Coast. Just wondering how long it took to get everything sorted. 
I have applied for my criminal history check, then it will be the visa and then registration with AHPRA (I think) just getting inpatient and it’s only been a few weeks 😂 I am also bringing my dog over so trying to coordinate things 

Are you applying under registered nurse (nec) as OT is not on the priority list for employer sponsored visas. As this is a temporary visa you will need permission to travel and they are only processing visas for specific occupations.  Surely your sponsoring employer will know this.

Do you have a plan to get PR?

9 hours ago, rammygirl said:

Are you applying under registered nurse (nec) as OT is not on the priority list for employer sponsored visas. As this is a temporary visa you will need permission to travel and they are only processing visas for specific occupations.  Surely your sponsoring employer will know this.

Do you have a plan to get PR?

No I’m applying as an OT. The company has already spoken to migration solutions and it is on the skills shortage demand list. Yes I plan to get PR 

21 minutes ago, Sammie1992 said:

No I’m applying as an OT. The company has already spoken to migration solutions and it is on the skills shortage demand list. Yes I plan to get PR 

Is it on the Priority list though?   If it's not, then you can't get the visa until the borders open next year, unless the employer is able to make a special case.

Hi Sammie

I'm an OT applying for a 190  visa in Tasmania. I have a job offer already and am applying offshore from the UK. 

I am hoping they add OTs to the priority skilled migration list ! I get the sense from my employer that they think things may be processed fairly quickly and have said they're going to state a case for me etc. 

Best of luck to you! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/08/2021 at 09:59, Searchingforsun said:

Hi Sammie

I'm an OT applying for a 190  visa in Tasmania. I have a job offer already and am applying offshore from the UK. 

I am hoping they add OTs to the priority skilled migration list ! I get the sense from my employer that they think things may be processed fairly quickly and have said they're going to state a case for me etc. 

Best of luck to you! 

I'm an OT with 2 job prospects (Perth and Queensland) and will be submitting my skills assessment soon. There seems to be a dearth of OTs I'm surprised they're not expediting the process. 

• 5 months later...

Hi there

im an OT moving from UK to Perth in March, I have PR.

im planning to register with APHRA as soon as I get there, then find a job. 
has anyone registered recently? Is there anything I should be doing from UK before getting there? I got all my documents ready (I thing).

any advice really welcome! 

1 hour ago, Ausimi said:

Hi there

has anyone registered recently? Is there anything I should be doing from UK before getting there? I got all my documents ready (I thing).

The registration process wit APHRA takes several weeks, so don't wait until you get there.

7 hours ago, Ausimi said:

Hi there

I think you have to apply for limited reg and complete the practice supervision part once in Australia? I am waiting for my visa (currently sat on further assessment stage) , then apply for limited reg with ahpra ASAP, then have to present in person within 3 months (I think). 

1 hour ago, Searchingforsun said:

I think you have to apply for limited reg and complete the practice supervision part once in Australia? I am waiting for my visa (currently sat on further assessment stage) , then apply for limited reg with ahpra ASAP, then have to present in person within 3 months (I think). 

Yes that’s what I understood the process is, i am a bit stuck with certifying the document as here in the Uk it needs to be paid for and it’s a lot of them,  as my visa doesn’t depends on the job, I thought I will wait to get there and certified them with a friend who meet the criteria to do it for free. 

46 minutes ago, Ausimi said:

Yes that’s what I understood the process is, i am a bit stuck with certifying the document as here in the Uk it needs to be paid for and it’s a lot of them,  as my visa doesn’t depends on the job, I thought I will wait to get there and certified them with a friend who meet the criteria to do it for free. 

Have you looked into it?  Do they charge per document or is it cheaper if you get them done all at once?  

You have to balance the cost of getting the documents certified against being unemployed for many weeks after you arrive.  Of course, if you''re happy to spend your first couple of months in Oz having a holiday, it won't be a problem to wait. 

11 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Have you looked into it?  Do they charge per document or is it cheaper if you get them done all at once?  

You have to balance the cost of getting the documents certified against being unemployed for many weeks after you arrive.  Of course, if you''re happy to spend your first couple of months in Oz having a holiday, it won't be a problem to wait. 

Good point! 
It is a bit overwhelming planning the move and with COVID all the uncertainty is making it quite difficult, but yes perhaps I should get it done here! 
thanks 

Hi Sammie,

Congrats on your visa and big move! I was wondering if you had any advice on obtaining a 482 visa? I am a radiographer on the MTSSL but have been told it is very rare for an employer to go down this route for an overseas employee. Any help would be so appreciated, thanks!

2 hours ago, RyanDoris said:

Hi Sammie,

Congrats on your visa and big move! I was wondering if you had any advice on obtaining a 482 visa? I am a radiographer on the MTSSL but have been told it is very rare for an employer to go down this route for an overseas employee. Any help would be so appreciated, thanks!

That may have changed since Covid. 

Jobs are advertised on Seek.com in Australia. Also, contact companies/hospitals yourself