First Entry - Which Passport?

Hello,

We're hoping to activate a partner visa in the next few weeks by entering Australia.  Obviously, there is a lot of risk that this may not happen (flights etc.) but assuming it does.....

I have two passports (neither are Australian).  Both passports were submitted as part of my partner visa application, but I'm not sure if I need to travel with one or the other when entering.  I imagine it doesn't matter, but I'd appreciate some views rather than relying solely on my own assumptions.

Has anyone got any experience of this scenario they could share?

Thanks in advance.

13 hours ago, paulhand said:

It absolutely does matter. The visa is attached to one passport only … the one that you entered as your ‘main’ nationality in the application. 

This is correct.

I too held multiple passports and declared them all in application, but the visa is categorically listed in the visa documentation (IMMI grant notification .pdf) you received. That is the passport you utlise to enter Aus.

13 hours ago, paulhand said:

It absolutely does matter. The visa is attached to one passport only … the one that you entered as your ‘main’ nationality in the application. 

But surely if the visa is linked to the other passport immigration wouldn't even let you in? You're going to have to produce the correct passport to get in to the country and that'll activate the visa.

9 hours ago, Ken said:

But surely if the visa is linked to the other passport immigration wouldn't even let you in? You're going to have to produce the correct passport to get in to the country and that'll activate the visa.

Correct … you wouldn’t even get on the plane.