Is it worth Shipping a BBQ to UK

Athena

On 29/07/2021 at 04:02, newjez said:

At least if you lived in Australia you can vote for the green party and still make things count. Not sure how that is relevant to BBQs though.

It was not my pivot... just replying to a comment lol

On 29/07/2021 at 08:00, Ozinoz said:

For many years I have lived in the UK thinking Australia was miles ahead... now I am glad I am living in the UK and my husband's family here have all been fully vaccinated. This is no longer a political debate... this is about saving lives. Strangely enough in my workplace the only people that have refused the vaccination are from the EU. No one has been fooled... everyone has the choice to vote and the choice to be vaccinated. You can walk into a vaccination centre or testing centre the same day in the UK and order testing kits online for next day delivery for free. I also voted Green for the election just because I believe the bigger picture matters but I am not unhappy now with the way the UK has dealt with Covid with multiple very complex matters.

The conversation was about food availability and poor socio-economic management, but I don't think Australia has ever really been ahead of the UK, they have profited from watching the UK very closely and avoiding making the same mistakes, taking what's good and avoiding what's bad...usually.   They are very strong financially, people have high wages,  their quality of living indicators outstrip the UK on nearly every count, yet they are a unionised nation.  That is impossible to believe if you live in the UK, because 30 years of rabble rousing and gaslighting has preached the opposite, and the results are now plain to see.  Large parts of the UK are a cesspool and they will not improve with current attitudes and no plan that makes sense.

It's ok to talk about saving lives when the UK has allowed over a hundred thousand to die througn complete managerial ineptitude, then tried to wipe that from memory by banking on a vaccination drive to deflect the public's attention onto saving lives instead of ending them.  Australia's vaccine response has been horrendously miscalculated but deaths have been minimal and they are not under the same financial stress as the UK.  Australia will pay a high fiscal price for prolonged lockdowns, but nothing too damaging in comparison.  

When this is all over however and you're counting numbers, only one country willingly sacrificed the lives of it's own population and will try and whitewash that history.  And it will probably work within the UK, but outside the UK it has been shocking to witness the repeated mistakes and recklessness shown.   I cannot believe that you are "not unhappy" with that.

Edited by Robert Dyson
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 25/07/2021 at 09:02, newjez said:

That looks fantastic. Do you empty it?

No it mulches as it goes so finely that you do not see or smell it... my Husband is severely allergic to grass and it does not affect him at all. It is truly amazing! We did try a cheaper no name version but put it back in the box as soon as we took it out. Bought the house for it but sent it back as it was not very good so will just simply store it in the shed in the winter months. It can go over paving and even do 2 different areas. We got the 500 model on offer at Amazon but are yet to work out what the actual difference is as the contents of the box are the same... we are figuring it may be the battery life but are not quite sure lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Robert Dyson said:

Just been a big story about it on 7.30.  Sounds like another mess

Friends were going to visit us tomorrow, but they cancelled as they have no fuel.

Apparently it's getting better. I still have 350 miles range, so I'm not in a hurry to fill up.