What not to ship - to keep with you

LandM

Hi ladies and gents

im keen to compile a list of what we must not ship (on the 3mth boat journey) - because we’ll need it sooner in some way - so we must retain… pls can you help me, using your experience?

im thinking:

kids ‘red books’ showing immunisations

our passports (obvs) and marriage certificate

what else?

we intend on taking an AirBNB when we first arrive followed by a rental. Perhaps this informs what I’ll need to ‘show’. 

thanks for thinking

lisa

Don’t ship valuable jewellery or original copies of important documents.  Have a memory stick or external hard drive of your computer.

My husband also brought his road bike and my son one of his guitars as they couldn’t possibly live without them!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LandM said:

Hi ladies and gents

im keen to compile a list of what we must not ship (on the 3mth boat journey) - because we’ll need it sooner in some way - so we must retain… pls can you help me, using your experience?

im thinking:

what else?

we intend on taking an AirBNB when we first arrive followed by a rental. Perhaps this informs what I’ll need to ‘show’. 

thanks for thinking

lisa

Keep all your bank cards and account details to hand, and make sure you keep your UK mobile service active so you can access accounts which require 2FA.

I'd also make sure you've have printed or electronic copies of the number of years of your UK no-claims discount, if you want to take out comprehensive car insurance.

On 30/06/2021 at 12:26, LandM said:

Hi ladies and gents

im thinking:

what else?

thanks for thinking

lisa

Should've also mentioned UK driving licence (if that wasn't obvious already) as you'll need it to obtain your state licence over here, which is very important for identification purposes.