Documents for citizenship application

motheman

Hi everyone just in the process of organising all the paperwork to apply for my citizenship.

Just wanted to clarify I have not travelled overseas since i received my permanent residency which was last year. In this case do i still need to do an overseas police check which i previously supplied for my permanent residency application?.

Also i have been reading up posts where people have submitted scanned copies or their first entry to australia and scanned copies of 10 years of travel. is this actually required for the citizenship application? would appreciate a response. Thanks 

No overseas police check will be required, the Australian one will be done for you during processing.

They will want details of all foreign travel but you don’t need to provide evidence, just a list same as when you applied for PR.

First entry is asked for but we just used our passports, even though there was no stamp it was the passport used so they can check records.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, motheman said:

Hi everyone just in the process of organising all the paperwork to apply for my citizenship.

Just wanted to clarify I have not travelled overseas since i received my permanent residency which was last year. In this case do i still need to do an overseas police check which i previously supplied for my permanent residency application?.

Also i have been reading up posts where people have submitted scanned copies or their first entry to australia and scanned copies of 10 years of travel. is this actually required for the citizenship application? would appreciate a response. Thanks 

1. Iirc, when you go overseas (e.g. back to your home country) for a period of time (I don't remember correctly), you have to do the PCC for that country again.

2. First entry to Australia is recorded in their system using your passport number. If you wanna know, you can request a movement record by filling in the form 1359. But no need to scan anything. Regarding international travel, just list them out like you did when applying for PR online (in form 80 as well).

Just follow the document checklist from DHA.