801 visa

Nano88

Hi,

I need a little help here please, so I’ve been on visa 820 and done my 2 years and they sent an email for me to apply for 801. We’ve used an agent for whole process and they charged us $3500, now they want another $1000 to apply for visa 801 as they saying they need to do everything all over again as its a new application. Does it sounds right just wanted to make sure we are not paying too much. And if I decided to do it myself, how hard its going to be as everything has been done by them I don't have the information or access to immi account ? 
thanks in advance for any help!

12 hours ago, Nano88 said:

Hi,

I need a little help here please, so I’ve been on visa 820 and done my 2 years and they sent an email for me to apply for 801. We’ve used an agent for whole process and they charged us $3500, now they want another $1000 to apply for visa 801 as they saying they need to do everything all over again as its a new application. Does it sounds right

Unfortunately yes.  The whole reason for the 801 is to to prevent people faking a relationship to get the 820 then going off to live separate lives.  So you need to prove that you're still together and still a real couple.

I assume that they would transfer your application details to your immiaccount if you asked, they shouldnt be able to withhold them.

I am actually curious about this as well, I assume after experiencing the requirements of 820 you need to upload similar evidence so how hard could it be to do it yourself? Since i assume the application process just requires input of your details and then uploading evidence documents.

And prices seem to vary a lot, AIA for example required 7k payment(not including the department fee)