Is it worth bringing an EU King sized bed/mattress?

bicek

We have an EU King (160cm x 200cm) bed frame and mattress. The mattress is fairly new and expensive - we wanted to hold onto it. We love the base too but it's going to be a bit difficult to package/transport carefully without damage so we have reluctantly decided to leave it behind. Is it possible to get a bed frame/base in Australia that would fit the mattress??

I have tried to find online if you can get this size of frame or mattress in Australia but it's not clear, even from IKEA (the usual stockists). They seem to have one frame possibly available but no mattresses that fit it. Is it worth bringing? Can you get this size of mattress or frame in Australia? Did you bring yours?

Just wondering if we need to try and sell them both now and change to a size that is more typically available in Australia. 

1 hour ago, bicek said:

We have an EU King (160cm x 200cm) bed frame and mattress. The mattress is fairly new and expensive - we wanted to hold onto it. We love the base too but it's going to be a bit difficult to package/transport carefully without damage so we have reluctantly decided to leave it behind. Is it possible to get a bed frame/base in Australia that would fit the mattress??

I have tried to find online if you can get this size of frame or mattress in Australia but it's not clear, even from IKEA (the usual stockists). They seem to have one frame possibly available but no mattresses that fit it. Is it worth bringing? Can you get this size of mattress or frame in Australia? Did you bring yours?

Just wondering if we need to try and sell them both now and change to a size that is more typically available in Australia. 

If this was me, I'd bring both, shipping costs would be way cheaper than buying new over here. I often regret not shipping over my lovely bed frame and mattress.

• Like 2

If you are going to bring one bring both, unless you want to just stick the mattress on the floor.  The bed sizes here are slightly different to the UK (not sure about EU) - a UK king is almost the same as an Australian Queen size.  The slight difference means you can get away with putting Australian bedding on a UK mattress (we have Australian queen sized sheets on a UK King size bed at the moment) but you will struggle to get a UK sized mattress on an Australian bed frame.  Table of Australian bed sizes below for info.

image.png.21e227a243dd635a5d68cf73f64676d1.png

• Like 2