Moving to Australia at 32 yo, too old?

d4ftpunk

I will be moving to Australia just before I turn 32. I have heard that age discrimination is a big thing there. I am not someone who has really big skills as well. I work in the digital industry as an sales/account manager and I don't have much work experience (only a few years as I slacked during my studies and spent lots of time travelling). My partner is australian and I am excited to settle in her country but I am worry that it will be a big struggle for me in terms of job. 
Anyone else who moved to Australia in their thirties with no particular skills?
Cheers.

58 minutes ago, d4ftpunk said:

I will be moving to Australia just before I turn 32. I have heard that age discrimination is a big thing there. I am not someone who has really big skills as well. I work in the digital industry as an sales/account manager and I don't have much work experience (only a few years as I slacked during my studies and spent lots of time travelling). My partner is australian and I am excited to settle in her country but I am worry that it will be a big struggle for me in terms of job. 
Anyone else who moved to Australia in their thirties with no particular skills?
Cheers.

Age discrimination does exist in Australia but it doesn't kick in until you're 50 and over.  So you'd be moving at the ideal time.  I moved in my thirties and I think it's a great time to make the move.