International Work Experience Required ANMAC

108jonesa

It might seem like a simple question, but I can't seem to find a simple answer... hoping someone can help :)

I am currently studying for a Bachelor's Degree in Adult Nursing in the UK. I am just wondering whether there is a minimum requirement for work experience in the UK, before being able to register as a nurse in Australia. Or does it just come down to points? I am planning on doing around 1 year in the UK before applying for a Skilled Independent visa (189). I know that the visa can take a long time to go through so will gain more experience while it is being processed.

Any information would be really appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

Just to be clear, registration and skills assessment and the visa application are three separate things.  Each one has its own requirements for qualifications and work experience.

Thank you for your response! I have read up on each aspect and have gathered that:

For points to be added to my 189 visa application under the work experience section, I'd need to first prove to ANMAC in my skills assessment that I have done at least 36 months of full time work experience. In my case, I reach 75 points without having this 36 months so I don't need to have done this amount. Is this correct? 

Other than that, I have not found any strict work experience requirements for ANMAC, AHPRA or DHA visa application. Am I missing something?

Thanks again! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 108jonesa said:

For points to be added to my 189 visa application under the work experience section, I'd need to first prove to ANMAC in my skills assessment that I have done at least 36 months of full time work experience. In my case, I reach 75 points without having this 36 months so I don't need to have done this amount. Is this correct? 

75 points is enough to be allowed to apply for the visa, but it may not be enough to get a visa.  It's like applying for a job: only the very best are selected.   In recent years, competition has been so fierce, they've been able to fill the whole quota with people who scored over 90 points.  Anyone with lower points didn't even get considered.  

Covid has changed things and they've been so keen to get medical staff, people with lower scores have been getting accepted. However I don't know if that's still the case.