Temporary Graduate Visa conditions

Meghna

Hi I am an Indian passport holder, currently in Australia on a student visa. However, it will be active for few more days as my degree is officially complete.  Since I could not submit an application for a work visa while I still had a student visa (due to IELTS being pushed during the Corona pandemic), I have applied for a tourist visa in the interim period. The bridging A Visa will be active once my student visa expires. I will apply for a working Visa once my IELTS exams are done (due in the last week of this month). I have few questions in this regard.

1. If and when my tourist Visa is granted, can I move back to India and apply for a Work Visa from there? Of course only after completing the health check, police check here in Australia.

2. What should be my next course of action if my tourist Visa application is rejected and I have still not applied for Work Visa?

3. Can I work in Australia after submitting an application for a temporary graduate visa?

Best,

Meghna

2 hours ago, Meghna said:

Hi I am an Indian passport holder, currently in Australia on a student visa. However, it will be active for few more days as my degree is officially complete.  Since I could not submit an application for a work visa while I still had a student visa (due to IELTS being pushed during the Corona pandemic), I have applied for a tourist visa in the interim period. The bridging A Visa will be active once my student visa expires. I will apply for a working Visa once my IELTS exams are done (due in the last week of this month). I have few questions in this regard.

1. If and when my tourist Visa is granted, can I move back to India and apply for a Work Visa from there? Of course only after completing the health check, police check here in Australia.

2. What should be my next course of action if my tourist Visa application is rejected and I have still not applied for Work Visa?

3. Can I work in Australia after submitting an application for a temporary graduate visa?

Best,

Meghna

I am unsure about the information provided so I reckon you wait on the seniors in the house to help you out with your enquiry. However, I think you should be able to apply for your subclass 485 while you're still on a bridging visa A. Why do you have to wait for a response from the department? If the response isn't favourable, then you'll miss on getting a 485 visa in my opinion.  

6 minutes ago, raddis0n said:

I am unsure about the information provided so I reckon you wait on the seniors in the house to help you out with your enquiry. However, I think you should be able to apply for your subclass 485 while you're still on a bridging visa A. Why do you have to wait for a response from the department? If the response isn't favourable, then you'll miss on getting a 485 visa in my opinion.  

Thank you so much for your reply. I am waiting because my IETS exam is due on the 23rd of this month. Once I have the scores, I can start the application process.