Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'work visa'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Working and Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Visitor Visas
    • Studying and Training Visas
    • Other Visas
    • Repealed and Closed Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Citizenship
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 9 results

  1. Want to live and work in NSW, Australia? This business is offering multiple employer sponsorships for panel beaters! “We are a family run business with a newly renovated workshop and state of the art technology. We work on a large variety of cars, including being Tesla approved.” Arrive in Australia with a job, in as little as 3-6 months. You can include family on this visa, and earn a starting salary $100,000 AU per annum. This job is based in Castle Hill, just 30 minutes from Sydney city centre. Perfect for families and young professionals. If you're a qualified panel beater, please get in contact. Kimberley Chatt | LinkedIn
  2. Hi Guys, Need some advise.. I'm a Singaporean looking to start out a career in Australia however i have no idea where should i start from.. I've done a bit of research and found that i was suppose to obtain a work visa first? Is that so? As i hasn't gotten any job in Australia yet, by any chance can i actually applied the job online with companies before i get the visa?
  3. Hi I am an Indian passport holder, currently in Australia on a student visa. However, it will be active for few more days as my degree is officially complete. Since I could not submit an application for a work visa while I still had a student visa (due to IELTS being pushed during the Corona pandemic), I have applied for a tourist visa in the interim period. The bridging A Visa will be active once my student visa expires. I will apply for a working Visa once my IELTS exams are done (due in the last week of this month). I have few questions in this regard. 1. If and when my tourist Visa is granted, can I move back to India and apply for a Work Visa from there? Of course only after completing the health check, police check here in Australia. 2. What should be my next course of action if my tourist Visa application is rejected and I have still not applied for Work Visa? 3. Can I work in Australia after submitting an application for a temporary graduate visa? Best, Meghna
  4. I graduated from a 3 year Bachelor's degree (NOT honours) from a reputed Australian University. My question is, if I work 2 whole years on a temporary 485 visa, will all two years of work experience be considered if/when my employer applies for a TSS 482 visa making me eligible for the visa or will my initial 2 years of experience be deducted making me ineligible for the 482 visa.
  5. Hey Guys, I'm a Pom currently on a 457 visa but I have some medical issues I have been carrying for a while that I need having a look at. Can anyone recommend a 'Good' GP in the Sydney City area (I.e one that will actually listen to your problems instead of just turning you through the door?) Also one that bulk bills so I can at least get some usage out of my Medicare Card? Thanks, Ruddy
  6. Hello Guys! I am new to this site. I am travelling alone to Australia in Feb '13 on a tourist visa. I intend to find myself a job there and be able to convert my tourist visa into work visa. My Tourist visa is valid only for 3 months and I will be staying with my cousin in Melbourne. Assuming that I'd find a sponsor with a job offer while in Australia, what is the processing time for a work visa? Does that require me to leave Oz and get back in with a work visa or can I continue being in the country while the visa is processing? What is "work visa" called in Oz? (Just as it is called H1B in USA) Any tips, suggestion that might be helpful is appreciated. Thanks all.
  7. Guest

    Help applying for Work Visa

    Hi Wanted to ask what the procedure is for applying for a work visa? I have a criminal record well i was given a FINE for under age alcohol sale (when i had a off license about a year ago). Would this cause me a problem? any info will be appreciated Regards Jag
  8. G'day mates My company wants to sponsor an oversea candidate to work in Sydney. I'm now doing the paperwork but I don't have a clue where I should start. Some background, the person was working for an australian director before with an oversea contract and now the diretor moved back to australia and would like to apply his assistant to work in Australia. The assistant now is back to Hong Kong and doing tasks assigned by the director. Please help me out ....... I know it's easy to suggest the company/director to use an immigration agent but this idea is already banned ... and I gotta do it within 2 weeks or submit within 2 weeks time .... I have downloaded three forms, 1196S, 1196N & 1066 Form 1196S There is a question asking Labour Agreement & Standard Business Sponsorship Whats the different? And which choice will make the application goes thru easier? Regarding the "Details of training" session, there is a list of supporting documents required, what exactly are they? (training plan - how details?) (evidence of training expenditure - for the last 12 months? or 6 months?) (receipts for contribution made to an industry training fund - what is that? large amount?) Form 1196N It is very similar to 1196S, what are differences? what do we need to provide in the question 23: process we followed to determine the T&C of employment that will apply to the norminated person. Well, the norminated person was working for one of the director with an oversea contract not australian one. So what should I put? Form 1066 THe person has to have the ILETS before he fills in the form or during the process of the application?