INTERNAL AUDITOR (ANZSCO Code: 221214) skill assessment

elizula91

Hello Everyone 🙂

This is my first post here. I hope I'll find what I am looking for. 

I am planning to apply for skill assessment for occupation INTERNAL AUDITOR (ANZSCO Code: 221214) at VETASSESS.

I head it's incredibly difficult to get positve outcome for that. Thus, I was really hoping you guys (especially those who has experience in the topic) can give me advice and suggestions. I'll be much obliged for any!

Thank you in advance,
Eliza

The refusal rate is high as many people try to apply under this occupation even when they are not really Internal Auditors. They do this to avoid applying under the other Accounting occupations which have very strict education requirements with other assessing authorities.

As long as you are genuinely employed as an Internal Auditor and have the required qualifications and experience, then it is a standard application.

• Thanks 1

Thank you, Raul, for such a quick reply. Much appreciated! :)

I am worrying as my job title was Coordinator although my most of my daily job tasks were related to internal auditing [in 90%].

Also, I am wondering if the fact that I was mainly auditing the innternal hr processes in hr department [huge global automotive company - our Center was taking care of hr for the company's all European branches and plants] would be considered as enough for the skill assessment.

Cheers!

Eliza

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 08/12/2020 at 14:58, elizula91 said:

Thank you, Raul, for such a quick reply. Much appreciated! 🙂

I am worrying as my job title was Coordinator although my most of my daily job tasks were related to internal auditing [in 90%].

Also, I am wondering if the fact that I was mainly auditing the innternal hr processes in hr department [huge global automotive company - our Center was taking care of hr for the company's all European branches and plants] would be considered as enough for the skill assessment.

Cheers!

Eliza

Over the years, VETASSESS has become more strict with education and experience requirements for Internal Auditors. Note that some accountants tried to use IA as their nominated occupation even though they have not done Internal Auditing work, hence, they did not get a positive outcome.

As long as you are legitimately employed as IA with the required education then it should be straightforward.