Subclass 482 to 186 Direct Entry Stream

Ahmed.AK

Hi, 

I am currently holding a subclass 482 which was granted 2 months ago, a few weeks after that i have received a positive Skill Assessment (3 Years Work Experience in the past 5 Years). 

The question is: 

Can I apply for 186 through Direct Entry Stream? and what would be the requirements from both the employer and myself? 

Note that I am a Civil Engineer.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...
On 01/12/2020 at 19:53, Ahmed.AK said:

Hi, 

I am currently holding a subclass 482 which was granted 2 months ago, a few weeks after that i have received a positive Skill Assessment (3 Years Work Experience in the past 5 Years). 

The question is: 

Can I apply for 186 through Direct Entry Stream?

Possibly. More information is required, especially in regards to employment experience, qualifications and position being offered.

On 01/12/2020 at 19:53, Ahmed.AK said:

and what would be the requirements from both the employer and myself? 

The requirements are quite extensive and vary depending on the specifics of the nominating business, position being offered and your individual situation. There is no one size fits all answer.

The DOHA website offers some basic guidance.

• 1 month later...

Hi. I'm an accountant, ACA qualified in Apr 2019. Started working full time for a big 4 firm in Malaysia in 2015, and in 2019, started work at a big four Australia on visa 482. I've been advised by migration agent to only do qualification assessment, and she thinks it's likely that my work experience in Malaysia will be considered even though it's pre-qualification, because it was a big 4. Is it a risk to apply for 186 at this point? 

15 hours ago, Dandan said:

Hi. I'm an accountant, ACA qualified in Apr 2019. Started working full time for a big 4 firm in Malaysia in 2015, and in 2019, started work at a big four Australia on visa 482. I've been advised by migration agent to only do qualification assessment, and she thinks it's likely that my work experience in Malaysia will be considered even though it's pre-qualification, because it was a big 4. Is it a risk to apply for 186 at this point? 

More information would be required to provide proper answers to your question. 

If you are talking about the 186 Direct Entry, the employment requirement must be full-time and at the level of skill required for the occupation.

The fact that employment was with one of the big 4 is irrelevant if it was not at the skill level required for the occupation.

IPA and CA ANZ confirm your qualification for accounting jobs. First step is to confirm your education. Once they do that, they will assess and confirm your work experience. Your international experience will count but irrespective you need to confirm your education first.