Ask about depression

genericsoda

29 minutes ago, genericsoda said:

I laugh a lot, or think about small things, still talk to my friends normally but suddenly one day I feel like I want to separate from everyone, I don't care about my surroundings, I don't want to care about anything anymore
Are those things above signs of depression? And what should I do?

I would start by making an appointment with your GP.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, genericsoda said:

I laugh a lot, or think about small things, still talk to my friends normally but suddenly one day I feel like I want to separate from everyone, I don't care about my surroundings, I don't want to care about anything anymore
Are those things above signs of depression? And what should I do?

I see your posting from the US -  not sure what the health system is like there for accessing health care for Mental health.  As Parley says, first step is your primary care provider, it doesn't necessarily mean medication, first line treatment for mild depression would be 'talk' therapy.

• 2 months later...

I also had this, there are many factors that will help you, I was helped by my dog, whom I then took from the shelter, I remember that a month after I took him, I had to go for a week, I gave him to a hotel on neighborhood and realized that I can not be without him anymore, he helped me with depression

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, SarahFitz said:

Hi I am applying for PR, have been taking antidepressants on and off for a couple of years. Has this affected anyone else in their visa application?

I’m worried as I have a medical exam coming up. 

1. No impact on decision

(2. Who is treating you "on and off" with antidepressants? This is almost universally an awful management strategy.)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SarahFitz said:

Hi I am applying for PR, have been taking antidepressants on and off for a couple of years. Has this affected anyone else in their visa application?

I’m worried as I have a medical exam coming up. 

When I went for the medical I was told to bring information about any conditions (not MH related but it's all the same).  I got my consultant and my sons consultant to write a letter for us which stated the condition, investigations, any treatment and prognosis.