Advice before lodging Partner 820/801

Hi everyone,

I am going to apply for Partner visa 820/801 and I need some advice on evidence. 

My partner and I have been together since 2018 but we don't have many photos as evidence.We have many photos in 2019. We just registered our relationship in August. Should I worry about evidence in the past years or I just focus on current evidence?

Thank you. 

The fact that you have registered your relationship, is in itself, not enough to get a partner visa.

You need to provide evidence that you are living together in a genuine and ongoing relationship, to the exclusion of all others.

You need to provide compelling evidence to show all areas of your relationship including social, financial and personal aspects. 

You should provide evidence to show the history and development of your relationship. 

On 09/09/2020 at 19:13, 1053714 said:

I am going to apply for Partner visa 820/801 and I need some advice on evidence. 

My partner and I have been together since 2018 but we don't have many photos as evidence.We have many photos in 2019. We just registered our relationship in August. Should I worry about evidence in the past years or I just focus on current evidence?

It's good to include photos with your application, but they're not the most important thing, because they don't prove much.  For instance, a photo of you on holiday together - it proves that you were both at the resort, but you could easily have been part of a larger group of singles. 

You need evidence that you have a shared life, and to prove that, you'll need documents.  That means things like shared commitments (e.g. to a lease or purchase of a home, shared finances etc) and shared activities (i.e. proof that you booked a holiday together).  

6 hours ago, Marisawright said:

It's good to include photos with your application, but they're not the most important thing, because they don't prove much.  For instance, a photo of you on holiday together - it proves that you were both at the resort, but you could easily have been part of a larger group of singles. 

You need evidence that you have a shared life, and to prove that, you'll need documents.  That means things like shared commitments (e.g. to a lease or purchase of a home, shared finances etc) and shared activities (i.e. proof that you booked a holiday together).  

Thank you. We share the house with one person (owner), we don't have the lease, but we have a joint bank account and others. We live together since 2019 but we don't have anything together until now. 

Is it safe to state that we just move in recently?