CPV 143 for mother

NishK

Hello everyone!

I am working on bringing my mother permanently to Australia on the 143 visa 

We meet the balance of family test so that's not an issue 

My question is I only want to bring in my mother and not my father due to some personal reasons. I have had a cursory look through the forms and it asks for why one parent is being brought in and not the other. Does anyone have any experience with that. What reason did you provide to the department?

Thanks

As Marisa has said. They’re asking why, just tell them. There must be a good reason why your parents will spend their life living apart when your mum gets her visa, be honest and explain why. I assume you are aware the wait time fir those applying now is at least 8 years.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NishK said:

It's a very complicated family setup that I am going to find very difficult to explain to them!

Yeah I am aware it's 7-8 years which is a complete bummer.

If the situation exists then it must be possible to explain it. They will ask questions so better to give them the whole story upfront 

7 hours ago, NishK said:

Hello everyone!

My question is I only want to bring in my mother and not my father due to some personal reasons. I have had a cursory look through the forms and it asks for why one parent is being brought in and not the other. Does anyone have any experience with that. What reason did you provide to the department?

Thanks

The non-migrating parent will also need to pass health/character checks in most circumstances.

On 07/09/2020 at 14:43, NishK said:

Hello everyone!

Thanks

The reason this is asked is to stop people not including one parent to avoid the 2VAC (medicare levy) fee and then trying to do a partner visa once one parent has PR. There are now exclusion periods in these circumstances.

• Like 1