Can 190 get through now?

Dorsetbrit

8 hours ago, Dorsetbrit said:

Hi guys we’ve booked our flights for November but the wife has had a panic thinking that we can’t get through immigration on a 190 visa, from what I have read is that you need to have a permanent visa which the 190 is? Anyone in the know how please put our minds at rest.

7 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

You will also need an exemption to travel and be prepared to do two weeks quarantine which isn’t cheap as it is in a government mandated hotel. 

190 visa holders do not need a travel exemption as things currently stand, but obviously the points re quarantine and flight availability are correct. 

I moved out during Covid on a fresh 190.  Everything went fine. 

They check you're eligible to fly at your departure airport when you drop off your bags.  As I understand it, they can't print your final boarding passes until it clears - the check-in desk staff know the process fairly well and it's part of the frantic typing that happens when u check in.  Ours went through automatically on their computer system so they didn't need to call ahead to double check. 

When we got to the other side the immigration was absolutely fine, but the whole airport experience was very different.  You follow a prescribed route from air bridge to bus.

You will have to pay for 14 days quarantine.  I would also check-in and turn up at the airport nice and early for your flight given the current caps on passenger numbers.

Hope this helps