Moving to Queensland ?? advice needed

TDB1992

Hey guys,  could really do with some information ( actually quite a lot of information)   i'm currently living in the uk but for a while now i've been considering moving over to Australia (queensland area),  by next year i'm hoping to be a qualified personal trainer and firstly i was wondering whether Queensland  is a good place to find a job as  a PT,  if not could anyone recommend an area that is ?   and secondly how difficult is the process in moving to Australia from the UK,    what is the time frame in getting everything sorted and more importantly what needs to be sorted lol,  i know there's a fair bit in here  to answer but anything anyone could help me out with would be awesome 

Thanks  

Tim

I think you may be jumping the gun somewhat. First thing is can you get a visa? I have absolutely no idea but PTs are ten a penny here so I would be surprised if it’s in the list of Skills that Australia needs, especially without any post qualification experience. The visa process for skilled visas has slowed somewhat but generally you could be looking at a year - without C19, at the moment our borders are pretty nigh closed and heavens knows when International travel may start again but “By next year” is probably going to be a pipe dream - maybe half way through next year if you are lucky.  
If you’re under 30 you can probably get a WHV which will allow you to visit for a year (or two if you go and work in regional Australia for 3 months doing farm work etc) but then you go home.   As for getting a job as a PT - there seem to be loads around but I think most are self employed and given the nature of their work they try and build up some longevity for their client base.

7 hours ago, TDB1992 said:

i'm currently living in the uk but for a while now i've been considering moving over to Australia (queensland area),  by next year i'm hoping to be a qualified personal trainer and firstly i was wondering whether Queensland  is a good place to find a job as  a PT,  if not could anyone recommend an area that is ?   and secondly how difficult is the process in moving to Australia from the UK, 

Asking whether Queensland is a good place to get a job is like asking, "Is Scotland a good place to get a job?".   Job opportunities will vary depending on whether you're in a big city or a small town.

If you are 30 or under, I recommend you apply for a Working Holiday Visa (WHV) once you are qualified.  That will let you come to Australia to live and work for up to two years.  That's probably the best you can do. 

Unfortunately, as a personal trainer, there is no visa that would let you move permanently.  Australia is very fussy about who it accepts - you need to be highly qualified and experienced in one of a short list of professions.  

• Like 1