Selecting right ACS Occupation

Thisisme16

Hi Guys,

I am renewing my ACS and as per my agent I am eligible for these two occupations, 263111: Computer Network and Systems Engineer or 262113: Systems Administrator. Please can you advise which will be a better option? Please advise as I am on a time crunch here.

Thanks

24 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Your agent should be advising you of that. 

Yes agreed, but you should also be advising your agent, as only you know what the actual day to day tasks of your job actually are and that is the key thing. Your agent can help you navigate through ANZSCO and the skills lists, but ultimately you should know what your occupation is. 

13 hours ago, paulhand said:

Yes agreed, but you should also be advising your agent, as only you know what the actual day to day tasks of your job actually are and that is the key thing. Your agent can help you navigate through ANZSCO and the skills lists, but ultimately you should know what your occupation is. 

Thanks for your reply, that is the reason I was checking which will be best option here. I know my skills very well and day to day task I handle and both occupations suits my profile.

Just need to advise my agent which occupation to choose. Please advise on this, what will be the best occupation out of both given the current scenario.

Only you should know what exactly you do. But based on what you are saying as you are "Renewing ACS", surely that is the anzsco you should be using? Flip flopping between job profiles to me doesn't make sense and what about all the work experience claimed on previous skills assessment, will you only be claiming the "new" experience under the new anzsco? I think you need to have a further discussion with your MARA and advise them which anzsco what you want them to present for you. All the best with your decision. 

16 hours ago, Thisisme16 said:

Thanks for your reply, that is the reason I was checking which will be best option here. I know my skills very well and day to day task I handle and both occupations suits my profile.

Just need to advise my agent which occupation to choose. Please advise on this, what will be the best occupation out of both given the current scenario.

It really depends on what visa option you are looking to apply under.

If it is one of the state sponsored visas, it may be worth waiting until they fully open again and the specific occupations for each state are released.

IT occupations can be tricky as sometimes one occupation will appear on a state list while another very similar occupation may not.