state nomination query

Cameron2310

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum but my partner is thinking about withdrawing his visa for a 489 and applying for a 491. The 489 is still in process

He contacted migration SA and asked if he withdrew his visa is there a time frame he needs to wait to apply again for state sponsorship. They just sent the paragraph from the website which we read. I understand state sponsorship isn't guaranteed however does anyone know if there is a time frame he needs to wait. I emailed them again but I've not had a reply yet. The last reply was -

The requirement is 1.3.7. If you withdraw your VISA application we may not be able to offer you another nomination.

Thanks 

6 hours ago, Cameron2310 said:

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum but my partner is thinking about withdrawing his visa for a 489 and applying for a 491. The 489 is still in process

He contacted migration SA and asked if he withdrew his visa is there a time frame he needs to wait to apply again for state sponsorship. They just sent the paragraph from the website which we read. I understand state sponsorship isn't guaranteed however does anyone know if there is a time frame he needs to wait. I emailed them again but I've not had a reply yet. The last reply was -

The requirement is 1.3.7. If you withdraw your VISA application we may not be able to offer you another nomination.

Thanks 

Hi

I’m not sure about if there are any consequences retracting a 489 for a 491, but I thought the 491 programme was closed for the time being?
Or is that just for offshore candidates? Are you onshore?