Viewings and offers

Aussiebird

Can you only view a property if its an open day in Australia?

in the UK, you just phone the agent to book an appointment to view and either the agent or vendor will show you round, then you can put an offer in etc...

Is it the same in Australia?

Many thanks xx

2 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

Can you only view a property if its an open day in Australia?

in the UK, you just phone the agent to book an appointment to view and either the agent or vendor will show you round, then you can put an offer in etc...

Is it the same in Australia?

Many thanks xx

You can phone the agent and arrange for a viewing at another time if you wish. When we sold, we had viewings after work in addition to our "open home" on a Saturday.

Open days are a great way to view though, especially if there are a few houses in the same area, you can usually nip around and see them all in the space of an hour.  I think it's so much easier to view homes in Aus.

18 minutes ago, AliQ said:

You can phone the agent and arrange for a viewing at another time if you wish. When we sold, we had viewings after work in addition to our "open home" on a Saturday.

Open days are a great way to view though, especially if there are a few houses in the same area, you can usually nip around and see them all in the space of an hour.  I think it's so much easier to view homes in Aus.

That's  great, thank you. 🙂

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

I just looked up WA procedures and to my amazement, there is no "cooling off" period there, which is a shock, so AliQ is right.  

https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/consumer-protection/real-estate-contracts-sale-offer-and-acceptance

https://reiwa.com.au/advice/first-home-buyer-guide/

Yes, WA is different from other States. You need to be sure before you pay a deposit.