International student budgeting ~

2 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I hadn't heard that Australia was relaxing the rules?

"Australia will relax entry requirements for foreign students who wish to apply for universities there and it will offer them short-term visas after they graduate.

The changes were made after a review of the student visa scheme led by former New South Wales politician Michael Knight.

Australia hopes to raise its competitiveness against the backdrop of a sharp decline in overseas students, strict visa requirements and a strong Australian dollar. Starting next summer the government will ease the financial requirement needed for applicants to finance their studies and living costs."

48 minutes ago, Toots said:

"Australia will relax entry requirements for foreign students who wish to apply for universities there and it will offer them short-term visas after they graduate.

The changes were made after a review of the student visa scheme led by former New South Wales politician Michael Knight.

Australia hopes to raise its competitiveness against the backdrop of a sharp decline in overseas students, strict visa requirements and a strong Australian dollar. Starting next summer the government will ease the financial requirement needed for applicants to finance their studies and living costs."

I wonder what they mean by "next summer"?  

55 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

I wonder what they mean by "next summer"?  

That info was from the South China Morning News so all of it could be fake news though I heard recently on ................ could have been SBS .................  that things were being relaxed but I also heard that there was going to be checks to ensure overseas students were actually attending classes.

With the Chinese Government advising their students not to return to their studies in the UK, due to the UK not being Covid "safe" for Chinese Nationals (BBC), plus the strong warning for them not to go to the US and Hong Kong,  Australia could still ultimately be the favoured International Education centre of choice for young Chinese citizens, despite the fear rhetoric and increased trade tariffs China is placing on Australia as punishment for the Australia Gvmt leading the World Leaders C-19 global inquiry.