subclass 190/491 visa

Maria18

36 minutes ago, Maria18 said:

I have now got a caseworker but just wanted some extra advice as she is leaving it up to me to go for a 190, a 491 or a TSS 482 and I feel there are pros and cons to all so feel confused!!

It is confusing - but if you paid her a fee, you are entitled to go back and check the answer to questions like the above.  It's up to you to make the decision, but it's up to her to supply you with enough information to make that decision.

However, I am pretty sure that if you want to claim points for a skill, you must have both the qualifications and the experience otherwise it doesn't count.

Edited by Marisawright

1 hour ago, Joeyroo said:

if there are good agents offering free consultation it would be great to get some recommendations on who to contact while we wait to here back from VETASSESS.

Hi Joeyroo.   There are several agents who post regularly on these forums.  Try Go Matilda or Suncoast Migration.

Don't expect a lot of detail in a free consult, but they will be able to give you an idea of your chances and let you know if it's worth proceeding.

Edited by Marisawright

2 hours ago, Joeyroo said:

Thanks Marisawright! We wouldn't expect much for a freebie but we are umming and arring over the benefits of using an agent and would if they're well priced so it would be good to see what they say!

An agent will cost you a small percentage of the total cost of migrating ... and what was that Stella Artois ad again?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joeyroo said:

we are umming and arring over the benefits of using an agent

Once upon a time I'd have said "you don't need an agent" but these days, the whole process is so complicated, I wouldn't dream of not using one.  Immigration is very unforgiving - if you  make a little mistake, they dont come back and say, "did you mean....", they just reject your application and your money's down the drain.  I thnk it's particularly true now, because there are big changes coming after Covid apparently, and it will be hard for ordinary people to keep up to date - whereas agents get notified. In fact, the only reason we know big changes are coming, is that the agents on this forum told us.  The general public hasn't been told yet.