190 - 90 points Management Consultant

LVN

Hi 

I submitted my EOI on a June 8 for NSW 190 Management Consultant with 90 points (superior English). Does anyone have any idea when we might be invited? I lose age points in September so I’m worried about that. 

Any insight or personal experience anyone can share would be very helpful. 

Thanks 

21 minutes ago, LVN said:

Hi 

I submitted my EOI on a June 8 for NSW 190 Management Consultant with 90 points (superior English). Does anyone have any idea when we might be invited? I lose age points in September so I’m worried about that. 

Thanks 

We submitted ours for MC NSW 190 last April and had an invite to apply for sponsorship from NSW within 24 hours. Turned around the application in a week and by mid-may had been invited to apply for the VISA (i.e. at this point the age clock stops and points are locked-in). Grant early December - would be in NSW this time next week but for CV-19 delaying plans a bit

Our points total was 65 plus the 5 for sponsorship (with Superior English). 

One thing I do know is that they let in quite a few MC over the last couple of years, so they scaled back the "availability" rating (i.e. they don't want as many) at the start of this immigration year (July 1st 2019)

You might be invited in a flurry to fill places before June 30th (end of year) or you might be in a position were they are slowing down ready to ramp up again in July

Equally in a pandemic you focus your immigration needs on healthcare and core services, with the best will in the world I don't think you or I could attempt to describe Management Consultancy as an essential service

Good Luck though, assuming MC is still on the list in July you should be ok for an invite, after all the requirement to have a degree and 8-10 years experience as an MC (to get the VetAssess tick) means most people applying will have lost age points

QUICK QUESTION - have you had a positive from VetAssess yet? They seem to take quite a while to process their part

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and the insight! 

We paid for priority processing with VETASSESS so they turned around within 5 days. Now just waiting for response to our EOI! 

8 hours ago, LVN said:

Hi 

Thanks 

NSW does not publish the points they offer invitations for, so it is difficult to predict.

Currently they have the occupation of Management Consultant listed as Low availability, which means there are few places left for this occupation.

This may change in July when the Migration program year restarts and more place may become available.