Pension entitlements

3 hours ago, Michelle s said:

Hi if I move to Australia on a 143 but not due to retire for a few more years can I still claim my state pension

Yes, you can claim it just the same as if you were still in the U.K. The amount does get frozen though when you live abroad so they’ll be no increases. 

Edited by Tulip1

All you have to do is keep the Pensions dept informed of your address and they’ll contact you at the appropriate time. 

As Tulip says though, the amount you get on Day 1 is the amount you’ll get for the rest of your  life, you’ll never get any of the increases you would get if you were living in the UK

35 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

All you have to do is keep the Pensions dept informed of your address and they’ll contact you at the appropriate time. 

As Tulip says though, the amount you get on Day 1 is the amount you’ll get for the rest of your  life, you’ll never get any of the increases you would get if you were living in the UK

Correct Marisa except if you return to UK for any length of time, eg until now we have spent an average of 3 months in UK most years. You inform the pensions department of your dates and your pension is automatically increased to the amount you should have received had you stayed in UK. As soon as you return to Australia it reverts to the previous frozen amount.

We make sure we get every penny.