186 and 187 visa

Nominations in the hospitality industry are getting highly scrutinized, above all in relation to the genuineness of the position (given that many Australians have lost their job) and the financial capacity of the business to support the nominated salary (given the loss incurred by many venues).

From your information, I can see that further information have been already requested in February (before the covid outbreak). If the business has updated documents showing that it can still financially support your position and that it still genuinely needs you, I would upload them.

Hopefully this will speed up the decision.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi 

applied visa 186 DE 10 March 2020 

completed medical 

Lawyer said processing time states 4 to 6 months 

some friends who applied 186 De On the 24 March 2020 has already received the visa 

bit worried or does anyone know when we should expect it.

Hi 

Occupation - motor mechanic 

applied visa 186 DE 10 March 2020 

completed medical 

Lawyer said processing time states 4 to 6 months 

some friends who applied 186 De On the 24 March 2020 has already received the visa 

bit worried or does anyone know when we should expect it

1 hour ago, hiral said:

@Laura Zorzi Hi Laura.

My nomination approved on 8th April 2020.

just waiting for Visa only.

My employer filed for Jobkeeper, do you think i will get any trouble from Immigration?? or once Nomination approved, no need to worry for Visa??

please Advise??

I think jobkeeper is also a sort of certication that ur employer wants to keep you.

Hi,

My employer has agreed to sponsor 186 TRT stream visa. I will have option to apply on my own or apply through migration agent (more cost for me). Is it easy to apply for the visa on my own? If not, I will engage migration agent.

Please advise.

8 hours ago, Saper said:

Hi,

My employer has agreed to sponsor 186 TRT stream visa. I will have option to apply on my own or apply through migration agent (more cost for me). Is it easy to apply for the visa on my own? If not, I will engage migration agent.

Please advise.

Be mindful that there are 2 applications to lodge, the Nomination for the Company and the Visa application for you.

For a 186 TRT the nomination is usually the more complex of the two applications. Professional assistance is usually recommended for the nomination at least.

For the visa side, it will depend somewhat on your specific situation and complexity of your case. Costs are high and a simple mistake can lead to refusal, so an initial professional assessment may be wise.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Saper said:

Hi,

As Raul says, there are two sides to a 186 visa. There's the main part which the employer has to handle, and there's your part which you have to do.  The employer's part is complex and if they don't use an agent, you'd better start worrying, because they're bound to make mistakes and lose you the visa.

Legally, you are not allowed to pay for the employer's part, including their agent's fees. 

On 23/06/2020 at 19:23, hiral said:

@Laura Zorzi Hi Laura.

My nomination approved on 8th April 2020.

just waiting for Visa only.

My employer filed for Jobkeeper, do you think i will get any trouble from Immigration?? or once Nomination approved, no need to worry for Visa??

please Advise??

In some cases, the department can request a confirmation of employment still available. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, WelderGuy5 said:

Hii

Thanks for your reply. Is it possible to know which time period application are processing.

Appreciate your feedback. 

Thanks 

From many of the posts here, it seems that there's not a chronological order (i.e. by date of application)

• Like 1