Home Edition TOEFL

LVN

Hello Everyone,

Is there anyone who did Toefl Home Edition and has received visa acceptance or has been contacted by the department that it is not acceptable? To the best of my knowledge, there was no information on the website of DoHA in this regard until late August, but then they officially announced that they do not accept the home editions. I'm not sure whether this influences people who have lodged their application before such announcement or not?

Thanks.

Saw this on the ImmiAccount portal:

Information for training, skilled, student and some permanent visa applicants:

Some visa applications ask that you provide evidence of English proficiency in the form of an English test result. Please do not use tests you can take at home, such as TOEFL iBT – Special Home Edition, OTE@Home and IELTS Indicator.

For a list of the test results we accept, see the Home Affairs Website.

Screenshot 2020-09-15 154349.png

Edited by CeriMon

2 hours ago, CeriMon said:

Saw this on the ImmiAccount portal:

Screenshot 2020-09-15 154349.png

Thank you guys for the replies.

You are both right. However, there was no such info on DoHA website or ImmiAcount until August 27 and some people, including myself, lodged their applications several weeks before that. Logically, this should not apply to such applications. However, you never know and if they say no, there is perhaps no easy way to negotiate with them. It is why I am curious to know whether somebody, in similar situation, has received a definite No or Yes from them.

Hmmm... The Doha have always listed those that are acceptable, the home edition has not been one. I would consult a migration agent to see what can be done before a decision is made on your application, maybe even try do the ielts pte etc and add it with mitigating circumstances. The issue I see is that when you lodge your visa all information should be accurate at the time of lodgement. I am not sure if you can add information retrospectively. I can't see how the case officer will overlook this and may lead to a visa rejection.

Would be interesting to see what the previous applicants decided to do as you ask, but can't see any way around this one unfortunately. 

22 hours ago, Southlander said:

Hmmm... The Doha have always listed those that are acceptable, the home edition has not been one. I would consult a migration agent to see what can be done before a decision is made on your application, maybe even try do the ielts pte etc and add it with mitigating circumstances. The issue I see is that when you lodge your visa all information should be accurate at the time of lodgement. I am not sure if you can add information retrospectively. I can't see how the case officer will overlook this and may lead to a visa rejection.

Would be interesting to see what the previous applicants decided to do as you ask, but can't see any way around this one unfortunately. 

Toefl iBT has always been there as a valid option. During pandemic both Toefl and IELTS introduced the home version of their tests, called Toefl iBT-Special Home Edition and IELTS Indicator. It is not clear from the table that which edition of these tests they accept and it is why they have added such clarifications now. Don't you think that a visa rejection is a bit too harsh in such circumstances?

For what reason did you need to provide the English test? For us it was twofold, needed for points and required for nomination. It also had to be the IELTS academic version. Had we not had UK passports would have needed for skills assessment too. But the above would have covered it anyway. 

Toefl ibt has always been accepted, along with ielts pte etc as stated on the doha website, depending on what test you require. Tests also conducted at official designated test centres. 

Immigration are unforgiving just reading through various forums. Who knows what they will say but again if it's not officially recognised they will not be held accountable for our mistakes. 

Let's see if any mara agent can add input to this topic. 

4 hours ago, Southlander said:

For what reason did you need to provide the English test? For us it was twofold, needed for points and required for nomination. It also had to be the IELTS academic version. Had we not had UK passports would have needed for skills assessment too. But the above would have covered it anyway. 

Toefl ibt has always been accepted, along with ielts pte etc as stated on the doha website, depending on what test you require. Tests also conducted at official designated test centres. 

Immigration are unforgiving just reading through various forums. Who knows what they will say but again if it's not officially recognised they will not be held accountable for our mistakes. 

Let's see if any mara agent can add input to this topic. 

We have applied for Visa 186 Direct Entry. We do not need the English test for points. I just need to have Competence level of English and my partner should have Functional level. Reading through different posts, it seems there was no clear decision on this until August. Both Toefl and IELTS had asked DoHA to consider the home edition of their tests and it seems DoHA has decided not to accept it at the end and the announcement came out in August. I do not how this is going to work at the end, but I hope they at least give us the opportunity to redo the test in a center. I tried to reach them by phone, but they did not give any concrete answer.