AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

29 minutes ago, hushi19 said:

Hello everyone, my husband and i live in regional VIC and will relocate to QLD in Nov/Dec. I know I can update my address but I was wondering if that automatically changes where I sit my test? what else do I need to do? 

thank you!

I called and asked Home Affairs, they said the test center will be arranged following the new address. I'm thinking to relocate too, too much depression under Dan. They said if you change the address or driving license, just update in Immi and wait :). You can call and double check.

3 hours ago, hushi19 said:

Thank you for that! We were going to relocate this year and then covid hit. Now I'm pregnant and it seems quite urgent to move before I have my baby. Fingers crossed they open

borders November/December. Good luck!

Yeah I hope so. Don't want to pay A$2,700-3,000 for hotel quarantine :(. I read an article few days ago they said 1/3 backlog is in Vic (approx. 50,000 applicants). I'm not sure the government has any plan to speed up. Canada is in progress to allow online test now, I hope Australia would adopt a change in near future.

11 hours ago, Canada2Australia said:

Question.

If we have movement on our citizenship application, and this is conveyed on our immi account, will we also recieve a notification in our email that is attached to our immi account? In otherwords, can I just check my emails for updates instead of having to physically log in to my immi account?

Yes you'll be contacted by email. From what I can gather, the status on the immi account doesn't reliably update (mine has been stuck on 'received' for over a year now).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, danido said:

applied citizenship 9/6/2020

invitation for test and interview : 14/9/2020

approval letter received: 14/9/2020 (after passed the test 15 mins)

ceremony: waiting

Congratulations that was super quick, which state did you apply from?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Abro said:

Is any update on Sydney test and interview centre. It seems like they are not working and putting applicants in deep depression..

Ahh I'm thinking to move to Sydney from VIC. I heard that Parramatta already reopened and someone already got tested. According to Home Affairs website, Sydney office is reopened too.

@JK_69 On DHA website, yes, Sydney office is opened too but, since it starts work, I have never seen a single person here who mentioned that has been invited. If you are moving to Sydney then Paramatta area is better choice..they are inviting people for tests. If you want citizenship ASAP, then move to Adelaide or Perth. They are super quick..

Just finished my Test/Interview in the morning and when I came back home and checked, the status says "Approved". Now, the waiting starts for the Ceremony. 

Can we contact the dept for the Virtual Ceremony now that its approved or just wait for them to update us?

• Like 1