AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

18 hours ago, Arsa0107 said:

Wyndham council who’s application approved after June 2022 , they  need to wait until next year for ceremony as per Wyndham council officials .

So frustrating 😡😡 they can easily organise a big ceremony n finsih the backlog.. everyone waiting in wyndham.. email peter.maynard@wyndham.vic.gov.au and request to organise more ceremonies. I had send an email and received reply.. currently working with DoHa to see if they can schedule extra ceremonies.. 

All those r approved lets email them n build the pressure

On 24/06/2022 at 14:32, HP2019 said:

Number of pending citizenship applications and processing times as of end of May 2022.

Source: Citizenship processing times (homeaffairs.gov.au)

image.thumb.png.db02c6479a576ec416307afa64c4fc6b.png

Well mine is exactly 19 months now. Still waiting for approval ! Last month when was 18 months on timeframe and this passed , again heard nothing . I communicated with them heard nothing . I called them they told this shouldn’t happen and they gave me the Adelaide office PO Box address for Delays to sent a request and again heard nothing back( 3 months now) 

she told me that is better to sent it via post because if I sent it with email and is a system error in my file they will never read it.

Passed the test 100% before exactly 13 months. no problems no further documentation has  requested. Btw I have already applied to ombudsman. Their response is that will take up 10 weeks to solve that. Let’s see

• Like 1

On 05/02/2022 at 18:35, Athens07 said:

You will never get an email for citizenship approval. You will only receive a letter via post office and also your account status will be changed to approved.

Was your application online (via immiaccount) or on paper? Mine is online application so all the communication I've received from the department was via emails: intervew appoiment, approval letter, ceremony invitation. None was postal.

On 22/06/2022 at 12:51, Athens07 said:

My test was 13 months ago ( May 28th 2021) still waiting for approval!!!

My test was 7 months ago (18 Nov 2021) and still waiting for approval. I also applied in Adelaide!

17 hours ago, HP2019 said:

Was your application online (via immiaccount) or on paper? Mine is online application so all the communication I've received from the department was via emails: intervew appoiment, approval letter, ceremony invitation. None was postal.

Online however I am pretty sure that the approval letter used to come via post . Except if they changed that recently.  If you read here the pages from 2020-2021 you will see everyone received approval letter via postal. And at the same time the status turned into approval in the account without email notification. Is Good if they changed that . 

Hi All, Please guide me. I lost my birth certificate which was uploaded with my citizenship application. Meanwhile, I was able to get a new birth certificate from the government. Is it important to upload it now as I shall be showing it, if asked, during the interview tomorrow? All the contents of the new birth certificate are same except it has a different date of issue.

7 hours ago, Athens07 said:

Online however I am pretty sure that the approval letter used to come via post . Except if they changed that recently.  If you read here the pages from 2020-2021 you will see everyone received approval letter via postal. And at the same time the status turned into approval in the account without email notification. Is Good if they changed that . 

In my case approval letter and ceremony inviation were all reveived in Q2 of 2022 via emails only. Probably the department changed comunication methods recently. Not sure it was nationwide or just for certain states. I'm in VIC, by the way.

29 minutes ago, Yameen said:

Hi All, Please guide me. I lost my birth certificate which was uploaded with my citizenship application. Meanwhile, I was able to get a new birth certificate from the government. Is it important to upload it now as I shall be showing it, if asked, during the interview tomorrow? All the contents of the new birth certificate are same except it has a different date of issue.

Not a direct answer but you can refer to the following link:

Applying online in ImmiAccount (homeaffairs.gov.au)

In which it states:

Tell us if you made a mistake

To tell us about a mistake on your citizenship application:

Attach a document to your application to tell us about the mistake and give us the correct information.

• login to ImmiAccount
  • use the ‘+’ icon to expand the application details
  • select ‘View details’
  • select ‘Attach documents’
  • select ‘Other documents’
  • enter a description
  • select ‘Browse’ and the document file name
  • select ‘Attach’ to upload

12 hours ago, Yameen said:

Hi Yameen, I am not sure how far it might help, but I had my Citizenship test and interview yesterday and I did not have my birth certificate with me at the appointment. The lady was asked me if I had it on me, and I didn't. I only had my International Passport, Australian Drivers Licence, Bank statement as an address proof (which she did not need), a copy of the National ID card issued by India, and a copy of my Marriage Certificate. She asked me if I had changed ever my name - which I hadn't. She noticed that I had attached a copy of my Birth Certificate in the application, which she saw. Didn't have any other issues, and the interview was all off 5 minutes.

All the best with your interview today. 

Hi friends. I am new user to this site. 
my citizenship time line 

Citizenship application submitted: 08/12/2021

Invitation for interview and test date: 09/03/2022(passed 100%)

approval- still waiting ( status still showing received) 

one of my friend took the test same day, approved with in 30mins and he already received ceremony date. Mine still showing received. 
council: city of tea tree gully. Adelaide. South Australia 

anyone from adelaide still waiting for approval and ceremony date. 
thank you 

3 hours ago, Krish1018 said:

Hi friends. I am new user to this site. 
my citizenship time line 

Citizenship application submitted: 08/12/2021

Invitation for interview and test date: 09/03/2022(passed 100%)

approval- still waiting ( status still showing received) 

one of my friend took the test same day, approved with in 30mins and he already received ceremony date. Mine still showing received. 
council: city of tea tree gully. Adelaide. South Australia 

anyone from adelaide still waiting for approval and ceremony date. 
thank you 

Unfortunately yes I’m waiting 13 months ( city of Playford) after ceremony for approval and another guy from here is waiting already 7 months . While each application is individual and you can’t compare any case with yours, it seems unfortunately that Adelaide office is quite slow with approvals. Well I hope this is gonna change soon given I complained to Ombudsman and my complaint has been approved and is under investigation. I’ll keep you informed. Fingers crossed 🤞 

16 hours ago, Yameen said:

I think is better to upload it now . And also fill up and upload a 1022 form to explain them the situation. 

Anyone from Hume Council

Please share ceremony timelines please.

19th July or 2nd August ceremony? Do you or your friend got invited kindly share approval date please

Thanks

Edited by R-M

6 hours ago, MLB_Applicant said:

Anyone got ceremony invite for 24 July in Wyndham council?

No invitations till now ..may be this week ..they will invite approx 480 people for July 24th ceremony. 

Edited by Arsa0107

On 24/06/2022 at 21:24, Kuwind said:

So frustrating 😡😡 they can easily organise a big ceremony n finsih the backlog.. everyone waiting in wyndham.. email peter.maynard@wyndham.vic.gov.au and request to organise more ceremonies. I had send an email and received reply.. currently working with DoHa to see if they can schedule extra ceremonies.. 

All those r approved lets email them n build the pressure