had my virtual ceremony done today.

application-20 nov 2020

Invitation for test-23 april 2021

Test-10 may 2021(Sydney cbd)

approved same day

invitation for ceremony-21 oct 2021

virtual ceremony-3 nov 2021

Council-Hornsby shire council.

congrats to all the citizens and good luck for those waiting.Cheers!

• Congratulations 1

7 hours ago, Tzhamzl_tn74 said:

Exactly a week. 12th October VC ceremony. 18th Oct Certificate received.

@Anyone,

I have applied  Australia passport at 19th October.  Still not received. They have mentioned you will get it with in 2-3 weeks. But people who applied couple of months for them they got less than two weeks. Any one applied passport in October?

I was reading another facebook random post week ago and one was waiting for 45 days, he call them and they said shortage of staff but it was during lockdown so hope things will get better now.

• Sad 1

Hi all.

This post has been really useful before I apply for my citizenship.. here is my timeline..

Applied Citizenship:  13/09/2021

Invitation:                   27/10/2021

Test Date:           02/11/2021 (originally 6th Dec)

Approval                    immediately 

Ceremony                  Awaiting 

Council:  Redland bay, Brisbane

Cheers and good luck all of you..

3 hours ago, abey1 said:

@Melbournian applied in dec 2020 Victoria didn’t hear anything yet

12 hours ago, Melbournian said:

Hi Victorians,

Did July 2020 Victorian applicants got an invite ? Could you please share "latest date of application", for which you did receive an invite for test.

Just wanted to see, how much are we lagging behind. I applied 20 Nov, 2020 - still no luck.

Cheers.

I think the latest call for is May 2020 applicants. Mine applied on May 2020, Test April 2021, VC at Oct 12 2021. Council Melbourne.

1 hour ago, Kezzles said:

Applied in Melbourne in Jan 2021. No news yet. I don't have my UK passport either as I have sent it to UK to get a new one so hoping I don't get called for test before I get new passport. Guessing i need to show it at the test?

If you don't get your passport by that time, postpone your test.

You will see that option in the email , which will be sent to you. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Melbournian said:

If you don't get your passport by that time, postpone your test.

You will see that option in the email , which will be sent to you. 

If you don't have your passport, you can show your australian driver's license  that would suffice. You can also show your expired passport. I DID this for my test and ceremony. 

20 hours ago, Kezzles said:

Applied in Melbourne in Jan 2021. No news yet. I don't have my UK passport either as I have sent it to UK to get a new one so hoping I don't get called for test before I get new passport. Guessing i need to show it at the test?

Driver license is enough, also to bring with your medicare card, your old passport. 

Hi Guys, 

Long time watcher throughout my time dealing with immigration, I am nearly at the finishing line. I have a question in regards to my application for Citizenship. 

Unbeknown to me until very recently, I have discovered I have an additional middle name on my birth certificate. Throughout my whole life I have never used the additional name, no passports, visas, bank accounts, nothing. Will this be a problem when I come to prove my identity during my interview? 

Thanks guys. 

Finally! I have the virtual ceremony scheduled for today (Fri 12th) morning at 10:15 AM. 

This makes my application's processing timeline be almost exactly 12 months (applied on Nov 6th last year): 6 months until the decision and 6 months until the ceremony. 

Hope everyone here will get their invite sooner than they expect!

Edited by cyril_au
  • Congratulations 2